"That is absurd!" his father slammed a fist on the table.

"I have always followed your orders ever since I was a child, everything I did was to please you but not this time, I choose myself and I'm putting my happiness first. Aurora is my happiness so she comes first."

His mother gasped, "Have you lost your mind Caspian? Nadia comes first don't you forget that."

"Nadia comes first to you and Father but not me. Aurora is my life."

"You witch! How did you bewitch my son?" his mother replied.

Caspian's hand tightened around hers and he squeezed as he reassured her.

"You can't even look up, you are full of shame." His father added.

"Shame, what shame does she have to feel when I was the one that pursued her, the only fault she has is being with someone like me."

"You are a prince boy! This should not be happening first of all and never in a million years." His father replied.

"I get why you are infatuated with her, she is beautiful but that fades Caspian but the legacy for your children don't." his mother replied.

Aurora still looked down, that was the only nice thing that his mother had said about her but it also was an insult.

"You can have your fun with her now and under the covers." His father added.

"I don't think you are comprehending what I'm saying, I want to make Aurora my second wife."

"YOU WHAT?" his mother replied.

"YOU ARE NOT IN YOUR RIGHT MIND CASPIAN."

"Just because I fell in love?"

"I think you forget that before a father I am also your king, you will leave me no choice but to exile her."

"If you do that, you will never see your son again."

"Is that a threat?" his mother asked through clenched teeth.

"It's a fact."

"I never would have thought a day like this would come from all my years." His father replied.

"There is a first for everything, I will follow everything you want me to do as long as Aurora is part of my life that is all I need."

His mother scoffed, "I can't believe what I'm hearing, I wonder when this nightmare will come to an end?"

"Caspian you and I need to talk alone." His father added.

"Anything you have to say, you can say in front of everyone."

"You are trying my patience Caspian."

"I am not budging on this one. I hoped you would be at least decent towards her but no you have to stoop so low."

Caspian's mother touched her head, "Caspian, it's me your mother."

"And you always be my mother and Aurora will forever be the love of my life."

"Is that why you have been neglecting the other concubines and Nadia? All your time is going to a lowly witch." His mother replied.

Aurora could see from her peripheral view that Nadia was smiling as she was enjoying this.

"I told you not to call her that! I will not let you talk to her like that. If you never want to see me again, carry on addressing her like this. If you hurt her you hurt me too."

"I didn't know you would be capable of such and to, to, her of all people. This does not make sense at all." His father replied.

"Love does not need to make sense."

"You need your head to be screwed on right, you are not in your right mind as of this moment." His father shook his head.

"I am more than fine, the only reason you won't hear me is because I am not playing a role or following the narrative you set out for me."

"It is the only narrative you need to be following." His mother replied through gritted teeth.

"I am not going to live the life that you want me to live, there is no meaning to life if I can't be honest with myself."

"You should keep this on the down low Caspian, your father had to give up and sacrifice a lot to succeed the throne."

"That's the difference between father and I, I would rather live a happy life with Aurora than succeed the throne and be lonely. At the end of the day what matters most is her."

"Are you telling me you would lose your title as king just to be with her?" his mother replied in disbelief.

"If that's what it takes for me to be with Aurora then you would leave me no choice."

"Caspian that's enough! We have entertained this ludicrous story of yours for long enough." his father replied.

"Sorry to disappoint you but this is not just a story, it's my real life."

Aurora flinched in surprise when she felt something touching her forehead and saw the fork fall, and she was flabbergasted that Caspian's mother had hurled a fork on her forehead.

It was painful and Caspian lifted her face up as he touched her forehead, he turned to his mother,

"I never thought you would stoop to such a level mother."

"Caspian!" his father replied.

"I won't stand this anymore." Caspian got up and took her hand and headed out of the dining hall and she could hear his parents calling him to come back but he kept on dragging her along.

Full finished/completed is up on inkitt -> www.inkitt.com/taniashava