Chapter 60: Yearned for "Spouse"

"Mini will perform her dad's last rites." 

Hitler's words resonated in the surroundings amidst of blabber of our relatives, who were contradicting my decision.

"Mauri understand. She is female child. They shouldn't perform these rituals." Maansi akka's dad and Mama tried to convince him.

"Exactly. 

She is child of her dad, what if she is female ?"

"According to our Sanatan Hindu dharma, Eldest male child has to perform last rites of parents.

Without knowing about our Hindu culture, don't  just change them for your convience." Purohit, who came to organise rituals started to yell.

"I know that eldest male child should perform the last rites of parents.

But my dear revered Purohit, can you please name the purana, shastra, veda or upanishad, which makes clear that "Daughters shouldn't perform the last rites of parents, when there is no male progeny" ?"

That Purohit was out of words and was trying to search for an excuse while my ruthless relatives, who came to there to grab away my dad's self earned property by performing dad's rites were seeing purohit in hope that their plan would get success.

(Actually in Andhra, esp in Rayalseema region there prevails de-facto that, if anyone performs last rites of a person then, he should be given share in that death's person's property.)

But finally purohit gave up and nodded in no.

"So, now what's left to argue in front of a corpse ?

Maa, prepare Mini for the rituals." He instructed Atta.

Until that moment, at corner of my heart, I had a doubt and argument to stop loving him.

But definitely, after this I was determined to hell to make him my spouse at any cost.

I didn't ever wish a hero to be as my spouse. I wished for a person, who would be definition "my spouse", the one who would respect and stand-by my decision.

He is the man, I yearned to have in my life and single-minded to share my life with.

Actually, I was angry with my dad, for leaving me even though he knows I can't even live a second without his thoughts and him. But all the anger melted in my thoughts realising that dad went away since his care, affection, love, support and pampering are left behind in form of Hitler.

Thinking all this and reminiscing all my moments with my dad, with tear filled eyes and sunk heart I was performing all the rituals, while hitler was beside me, controlling his hard emotions under his poker face.

To be frank, he had more attachment to dad morethan me. He was like first child of my dad.

Hitler was born on initial days of our Saatvic establishment, Mama was busy in construction and investing works, so Mama couldn't give enough time for Hitler. Hence, dad after returning from research lab and processing units vigilance was tending to Hitler, to fill the absence of Mama. One or other way, that was reason to my late arrival on this planet. Dad and mom decided to postpone child, realising the importance of affection bond between parent and child, which Mama and Hitler lacked. By the time, Saatvic came into track Hitler had already finished his childhood and started to behave matured. So, Mama's wish to see his child's childhood and feel it was fulfilled with my birth, as his kid(Arth) was more of Women's boy, who would only cling and stay with women.