Chapter 16: Con Job

3rd POV:

In Autobot Outpost.

It was morning in Nevada. The horizon was a warm yellow as the bright orb that was the su rose highest and the clouds were various shades of dusty pink and purple. This landscape was filled with desert mesas, plateaus canyons. One of these mesas specifically is former missile silo that now serves as the base of operation from Autobots and the temporary home for (Y/N), Gwen, Attea, Charmcaster, Loona, and Ester.

Inside the base Bulkhead and Gwen strolled down the main corridor and into the command center. Miko walks right side at a safe distance, carrying a red tin tool box.

Miko: "Hooh, okay....all the damage caused by the scraplets is repaired. Thanks for (Y/N), Gwen and the others who took them out...and (Y/N) burning them alive with his power." She said.

Bulkhead: "He had a flamethrower with him?" He asked her.

Miko: "Yeah, for what I saw he had it...Do you know how strong is he?" She asked Bulkhead.

Bulkhead: "I never ask him, Miko." He said to her.

This immediately brough a grin on her face.

As the duo entered the main ops, they noticed the other Bots gathering near Ratchet who was standing right there as usual. (Y/N) with Gwen, Jack, Raf, and other girls in the human center, leaning on the railing nearest to Ratchet's position, starring at large monitors.

Ratchet: "Optimus, I'm receiving a signal on restricted band." He said and notified, turning his helm around to face him appears to coming from a starship inside this polar system." He said and type a few commands into the keyboard and better understanding on the ship. He almost gasped when the results came in.

Ratchet: "It's an Autobot identity." He said to them.

When (Y/N) turn his attention from the monitors to the Autobots.

(Y/N): "There are other Bots out there?"

Arcee: "There were hundreds scattered across the galaxy when Cybertron finally went dark." She answered and her expression grew more serious.

Arcee: "But...Cons have been known to bait traps with false beacons." She said.

Hearing that fact, Optimus turned his gaze back to the screens.

Optimus: "Unknown vessel this is Autobot Outpost. Identify yourself." He said.

For a second there was nothing but static until a male voice replied.

???: "I've had a warmer welcomes from Decepticon spacebridges." He said.

Suddenly, after hearing that voice, Bulkhead's optics widened as his demeanor became more elated.

Bulkhead: "Wheeljack?!?" He said and laughing out a bit as he stepped closer to the monitors.

Bulkhead: "You old Con crusher what are you doing all the way out here?" He asked.

Wheeljack: "Bulkhead? Is that you?" He asked him.

Wheeljack: "What's with all the security?" He asked Bulkhead.

Bulkhead: "The rock we're on is crawling with Cons. How soon can you get here and even the odds?" He asked him.

Wheeljack: "Sometime tomorrow, if I put metal to the pedal." Wheeljack said.