Chapter 6: Darkness Rising Part 1

3rd POV:

It was evening in the northern Canadian wilderness. The sun was beginning to set in the west with a beautiful, warm colors in its wake. The landscape was comprised of trees, hills, and mountain as far as the eye could seek what seemed to come out of nowhere, a dark ominous shape appears out of the late evening sky. This ship was belong to Decepticon warship: The Nemesis. It came to a stop, mid-air over a large, jagged mountain peak that is now and volcano.

Without warning, a long, yellow tube expanded from the bottom of the Nemesis and descended into the jagged in the mountain top. Littered at the bottom of the mined cavern were huge blue crystals of raw Energon. Squad Vehicons operated drills to dig further for more deposits while others collected the unearthed Energon and place hovering storage platforms.

Once the tube stopped, a pair of sliding doors opened to allow its two occupants to steps out. The first out was a seeker with red highlights called Starscream. Following behind the seeker, at a leisurely pace was a tall mech, the leader of Decepticons, Megatron.

Starscream: "Of the Energon deposits we have located while you were away, Lord Megatron, this one is by far is the most of silent." He said.

Starscream: "The drones have been mining without pause since your absence, and have amassed quiet stockpile." He said and stopped before looking over the catwalk and pointed towards a random drone mining and crystal.

Starscream: "You there, fetch me a sample!" He said.

Megatron: "Starscream." He said a deep voice of authority called out, causing the arrogant mech to freeze with fear.

Megatron stepped out of the dim light and gazed down towards his second-in-command with a look of authority minor irritation.

Megatron: "Now that I have returned, I will be the one to issue to commands." He said as he continue walking down pathway.

Starscream: "I...understand, Lord Megatron." Starscream replied in a somewhat disappointed tone.

Starscream: "Then, as your humble servant seeing should I really the spacebridge? To bring forth the Decepticon army you have surely gathered in your three years in space?" He asked him.

Megatron: "My army will come." Megatron said and he then glanced back at Starscream with his blood-red optics.

Megatron: "But my time away yielded a more...intriguing means of materializing them. A solidified form of matter that the ancient texts referred to the blood of Unicron." He said and the silver warlord then held up his right servo that grasped a purple glowing shard that violent haze billowing off of it. Starscream stared at the amethyst matter with matter with wide optics and a slightly gapped for a short second as he walked around his master to get a better look.

Starscream: "Unicron the Destroyer." He said rather than asked him.

Starscream: "It is said that his blood carries his Anti-Spark." He said.

Megatron: "Plucked from cosmic shores...gaze upon Dark Energon." Megatron tightened his grip on the purple shard for a emphasis.

Starscream: "Legend tells that it has the power to revive the dead." He stuttered at the latter part.

Megatron: "We only require cadaver to be certain. Are you willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?" He asked him with his expression of anticipation.

Starscream slightly chuckled as he tapped his razor, sharp talons in a timid matter.