Thirty-Six

Addison's POV

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Dad asks me with a smile on his face.

"I'm sure Dad. How's Bizzy doing? Is she still with Susan?" I asked referring to Susan Grant, my mother's longtime lover.

"Those two are still together and Bizzy's doing well. Bizzy was upset that she couldn't come. But she's going to come for Genevieve's birthday. Does she know about Susan?" Dad asks me.

"She knows Dad and looks forward to meeting Susan." Genevieve enters the kitchen with tears stained cheeks and her eyes red from crying. Wrapping my arms around Genevieve, I hugged her tightly before kissing her temple.

"How are you feeling sparkle?" Dad asked Genevieve, using his nickname for her. He said the nickname came to him when he first met Genevieve because her eyes always sparkled with innocence.

"Better." Genevieve responded when both Meredith and Alex entered the kitchen.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend Meredith Grey and my friend Alex Karev. Meredith and Alex, this is my father Adam. I'm sure you've both met my brother Archer."

"Pleasure to meet you sir." Meredith says with a smile on her face.

"Nice to meet the lady who's making both Addison and Genevieve happy." Dad says before Meredith puts the apple pies in the fridge.

"Alex is a big brother figure to Genevieve, so she invited him over for Thanksgiving."

"Genevieve was the first person to give me a real chance at friendship. She understood that I put walls up, but that didn't scare her. She's my best friend and little sister." Alex tells my father.

"Genevieve always gave people second chances, even when they didn't deserve it. She has the kindest heart in the whole world." Dad tells Alex who smiled before leaving the kitchen.

"Lexie told me what happened. Are you still okay with them being here Genevieve?" Meredith asked our daughter.

"Yes Mama. I am okay with them here." Genevieve replied with a smile.

                                                         ****************

Meredith's POV

"Everything okay sweetheart?" Genevieve's hands shook while she's trying to eat her dinner, so I grabbed her plate and began feeding her. Everyone else was having their own conversations, so they weren't really paying attention to us. Though Lexie looked at us every now and then with a look of concern on her face.

"Auntie Lexie stood up for me. She was yelling so I heard everything from upstairs." Genevieve explained.

"I know and I'm not mad at her. I'm just concerned about you."

"I am okay now Mama." Genevieve says before eating her turkey.

"What Molly said was wrong and it's not true. It's okay to regress sweetheart because you never had a childhood and deserve to experience that."

"I know Mama. I still want to invite them over for Christmas. They are family after all, but if you do not want them to come I understand." Genevieve says with a soft smile on her face.

"We'll see sweetheart."