Eighteen

Meredith's POV

"Three interns, four residents and six nurses on this surgical floor have been diagnosed with...syphilis." Dr. Webber says, standing in front of many doctors and interns. Patricia Murphy, his administrative assistant was seated in chair near him.

"There are over 70,000 new cases every year. Undiagnosed, syphilis can lead to blindness, insanity and death." Patricia says when my cell phone rings and I see that it's from Hart's Cafe. Standing up, I walked out of the room and answered my cell phone.

"Is this Meredith Grey?" A voice asked me from the other end of the phone.

"Yes this is her. Everything alright?"

"This is Tara Hart and I'm calling to inform you that Genevieve's been kidnapped by her former foster father, Wendell Chapman. I've already contacted the police and Addison Forbes Montgomery." Tara tells me and my heart immediately breaks into a million pieces.

"Thank you for calling me."

"Of course. Genevieve's a good girl and deserves to be reunited with you and her other mother. I have to go but please call me if you find her." Tara says before hanging up and Cristina walks over to me.

"What was that about? You missed Murphy put a condom on a banana and George turning a new shade of red." Cristina tells me and tears started to appear in my eyes.

"Genevieve got kidnapped." Cristina's eyes widened in shock when our friends and Izzie headed over towards us.

"What's wrong?" George asked, clearly concerned.

"Genevieve got kidnapped."

"Good. Maybe she'll die and we'll have one less retard in the world." Izzie calmly stated, causing me to punch her in the face.

"This is your fault! If you didn't blurt out that secret, Genevieve wouldn't have run off and be kidnapped by her abusive foster father!"

"We have to get tested for syphilis. Dr. Webber's orders." Alex tells me and I nodded before storming off.

"Dr. Grey?" Daniel Addams' voice calls out to me and I turned around to face the tiny boy. His curly dirty blonde hair was near his blue eyes that had curiosity in them.

"Yes Daniel?"

"When is Miss Ginny coming back?" Daniel asked me when his father Wyatt Addams walked over to us.

"A bad family took Genevieve, but the police are working hard to bring her back."

"She's done everything for my son and for that I'm going to use my company resources to help get her back. Whatever you need Dr. Grey, it's yours." Wyatt tells me and I give him a smile.

                                  *****************

Addison's POV

"She must be so scared!" Tears continued pouring down my face while Meredith rubbed my back in soothing circles. Her eyes were filled with tears, but I knew that she's not really a loud crier.

"Genevieve's scared yes, but I know that she's a fighter and is fighting to get back to us." Mark tells Meredith and I. Naomi, Sam and Maya are coming along with our friends from LA to support us in our time of need. Mark and Amelia are taking more time off to be here with us. Richard has his surgery in a few days and Meredith's helping Derek perform it. Richard almost backed out of the surgery because of Genevieve, but I reminded him that Genevieve would want him to get better and operate again. That made him reconsider and I knew that he'd do anything for Genevieve if it makes her happy.

"Mark's right and you know I hate admitting that. Genevieve's only goal right now is to come home and be with us, especially her mommies." Amelia says, causing Mark to stick his tongue out at her and she flipped him off. Those two have a better sibling relationship than Amelia has with her biological siblings. Hell Amelia, Meredith and I have a better relationship than she does with her biological siblings. The other Shepherds alienated Amelia after her father Christopher Shepherd died and that caused her downward spiral towards drugs and drinking. When Genevieve met Amelia, she didn't care if Amelia was high or drunk all she cared about was Amelia. She loved being with Amelia, immediately making her other sisters and Carolyn Shepherd extremely jealous. Amelia loved being with Genevieve and vowed to always be there for her, resulting in her getting clean and sober. Even when Genevieve ran away, Amelia stayed sober and clean, not wanting Genevieve to be disappointed in her.

"Stop you two. I swear you're both acting like children." Meredith muttered playfully and I couldn't help but smile at her.

"We're going to get our little girl back Addie." Meredith says before placing a kiss on my cheek.