"The assembly should be rather simple with announcements and performances from the cheerleaders and the dance team?" I say.

"Well, about that," he says, "there's been an incident with one of the girls." He takes out a file with names on it. "Aurora Whitlock, the lead ballet dancer, hasn't been feeling well so the dancers aren't ready to showcase their routine today."

I sigh. "But the cheerleaders could extend their performance time right?"

"They can, but I don't think the crowd would sit tightly for a twenty minute performance of girls tossing each other around," he says with a tight lipped smile.

I nod. "So we're cutting the assembly short. Got it."

"I know you really wanted the dancers today, but that's the news I was presented with this morning," he says apologetically.

"It's okay. I'm prepared for the worst to come," I say.

"In that case, would you mind showing our newest student around today? He's actually going to be in your first class. That's why I'm asking."

"Oh, of course. Who is it?" I ask. He continues to read through the paper in his hand.

"Ambrose Woods. He's new to the school and the town so show him the ropes of our values and what the school stands for," he says with a smile, "I'm sure he'll fit right in."

"Cool. I'll do my best to make him comfortable," I say.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

For the rest of the hour, I prepared the morning announcements for Jane who was already giving me a fake smile. I could tell she was itching to take over my presidential position and wouldn't hesitate to be aggressive with her campaigning. Just as I was handing her the paper with the script written out, Mr. Vince walks into the office with a familiar boy.

"Evangeline, this is Ambrose Woods. The new student," he says as he slightly pushes him forward.

His uniform wasn't put on right like how the dress code specified. His white shirt was untucked and the tie was loose around his collar. His hair was extremely dark and pretty long, the front part fell over his eyes which were a nice warm hazel color full with long lashes. His slim face was carved with a sharp upright nose and cheekbones that would make any girl kill for them.

His lips were slightly pink and had a subtle pout to them. He wasn't smiling nor was he even looking at me. His stature was tall and his arms were pretty long too. He was holding onto one strap of his backpack that was over his right shoulder. He was different for sure and I don't think Mr. Vince was right about fitting him in. He stood out and not in a very good way either

"Hi, I'm Evangeline Sinclair," I put my hand out to greet him.

He finally looks at me, but stares at my hand like it's poison. His eyebrows scrunch together and his lips turn downwards at a distaste of my friendliness. I slowly put my hand down and scoff.

"Well then," Mr. Vince says, "I'll leave you two to it. Welcome to Hollow Grove Academy." He turns away and leaves me to have a slight stare down with Ambrose. Right. I'm supposed to be friendly.

"So what's your schedule like?" I ask. He sighs and reaches into his front pocket pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. He hands it to me like it's loose change.

I take it from him with my thumb and index finger. I carefully unwrap it and look down at the timetable. He does have the first class with me which is Calculus, but then I noticed that he also has the rest of his classes with me except sixth period. He has art while I have debate club.