Not His Responsibility: Tarsem

Request: So hear me out.... what if Jake starts to lecture Tarsem about giving Lo'ak a gun during the war party, and the reader hears it and stands up to Jake saying that it isn't Tarsem's responsibility to watch and try to parent his kids when he was given clear instructions to give anyone a weapon as quickly as possible and takes Tarsem's hand leaving Jake to think about his actions but then, in the end, Jake and Tarsem make up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N had arrived back with Neytiri when she saw Jake and Tarsem talking if it was even that, Tarsem had hung his head in shame as it looked like Jake was yelling at him. She made her way over towards them wanting to know what Tarsem could've possibly done to offend Jake.

"I can't believe you gave him a gun, why didn't you call me or turn him away? Do you realize Neteyam could've died." Jake said as Tarsem felt even more guilty.

"You know it's not his responsibility to parent your kids.." You said making them both turn and see you.

"Y/n now isn't the time." Jake started to say as you walked over to Tarsem. 

"No Jake, your instructions were to give a gun to every person that approached him as quickly as possible so how was he supposed to know if Lo'ak was supposed to be there or not? Would have rather he questioned your instructions?" You asked him.

 "Come on Ma Tarsem, let's go get you cleaned up." You said glaring at Jake as you two left. 

You guys walked back to your shared tent where he sat down and waited while you grabbed your healing supplies. You came back to where he was sitting and were about to sit in front of you until he pulled you into his lap and wrapped his arms around you.

"Oh, ma Tarsem." You said hugging him.

"Ma y/n I feel so terrible right now, knowing that Neteyam got hurt because I didn't think to question why Lo'ak was there. Y/n I should've told Jake, then maybe Neteyam wouldn't have gotten hurt." He said as you felt tears hit your skin. 

"I know you do Ma Tarsem but you also gotta realize that Lo'ak is a magnet for trouble, so even if you wouldn't have been there, he still would've gotten a gun and Neteyam would've gotten hurt. This isn't your fault, because you didn't know if Jake had told them to grab a gun or not at the last minute. It's not like he said if you see my kids on the ground let me know!" You said making him laugh. 

"This wasn't your fault, I hope you know that." You said pressing a kiss to his forehead. 

"I know it isn't but I can help but feel like I've let Jake down." He said.

"You haven't. I think Jake was in a panic state after finding Neteyam like that, and was taking it out on everyone, I'm sure he still believes in you because I know I do." You said looking at him. 

"Thank you, I love you ma y/n." He said pressing a kiss to your lips.

"I love you ma Tarsem, not let me clean you up." You said making him whine as you moved out of his lap. 

You cleaned up the few wounds he had from earlier today and then they spent the rest of the afternoon inside of the tent just spending time together and she was focused on keeping Tarsem relaxed. The next morning, you two were at breakfast talking and laughing until Jake and Neytiri approached you. 

"Good morning y/n, Tarsem." Neytiri said with a smile. 

"Mornig Neytiri how is Neteyam?" You asked her. 

"Besides being grounded for the next 6 years, he will heal just fine." She said making you and Tarsem laugh. 

"Y/n and Tarsem especially I want to apologize for the way I spoke to you yesterday, I shouldn't have taken my anger and stress about my kids out on you, I also should've communicated better about what to do if we saw my knuckleheaded children on the battlefield. I'm sorry for yesterday." He said. 

"Thank you Jake, that means a lot that you came and apologized to me." Your mate said with a smile. 

"Of course, and y/n im sorry for yelling at your mate." He said.

"It's alright, just don't do it again. Now won't you two join us for breakfast." You said with a smile.