You Don't Have To Change: Spider Socorro

If it's an X reader one then I was thinking the reader works in the lab (she loves science) and is Spiders age and spider has a crush on her, the reader would like him back but the way he acts and his disinterest in science/ technology is stoppin...

 If it's an X reader one then I was thinking the reader works in the lab (she loves science) and is Spiders age and spider has a crush on her, the reader would like him back but the way he acts and his disinterest in science/ technology is stopping her from liking him back completely. But over a period of time, she notices Spider has been at the lab more, learning about her interests, and is acting more human-like than trying to act more Na'vi- even wearing human clothes and changing his hair to appear more attractive to the reader. I guess In the end you could say the reader realized she likes him for who he is and he stops changing himself, I don't really mind

...............................................................................................................................................................

Spider made his way into the lab with Lo'ak and Kiri trailing behind him, but he wanted to see you the girl he's been crushing on for the past couple of months. You typically stayed in the lab most of the time studying the science of the planet and only venturing out into the world of Pandora if you needed to. Your mother had been a scientist much like Kiri's mother and that's where you got your love for it from, unfortunately, your mother had been killed leaving you on your own or in the care of the other scientists and that's how you and Spider friendship developed though the two of you couldn't be more different. You liked learning the science behind things and Spider well he loved getting out there and exploring the world with the Sully kids.

"Hi Chole, I brought you something, that I thought you might be interested in." Kiri said walking over to where you were set up.

"Ooh, what did you bring me this time?" You asked her excitedly as they joined you.

"I brought you a new flower for you to study." She said something that resembled what looked like a sunflower from your home planet.

"Thanks Kiri, Hi Lo'ak! Hi Spider!." You said before you went back to your work occasionally answering some of Lo'ak questions about what you were doing.

"Hi Coco, you know you should really join us out there one day, instead of being cooped up in here." He said to you as you rolled your eyes at him.

You adored Spider maybe even harbored a tiny crush on him but the one thing that stopped you from falling for him was that you two were complete opposites which Spider seemed to love teasing you about, and plus you were pretty sure he had a thing for Kiri so there was no need for you to get your hopes up.

"I just don't think she likes me in the same way that I do." Spider said to Kiri.

"Well I mean can you blame her? You hardly talk to her or show interest in what she does, sure it isn't exciting to you but it's exciting to her." Kiri said.

"Well, how can I do that?" He asked wanting to know how he possibly improves the relationship between you two.

"You know instead of teasing her every day, you could bring her stuff back or just ask her about her work." Kiri said to Spider as they followed Neteyam and Lo'ak to the lab.

"Really? But what could I bring her that she doesn't have?" He asked her.

"Here give these to her and tell her you thought about her." Kiri said handing him some rocks that she had found at the pond where they fish.

"Are you sure?" He asked her.

"Yes just start off small, like talking to her about her interests and maybe hanging out with her more and see what happens." She said giving his hand a small squeeze before they walked into the lab. 

Spider walked over to your station and saw you sitting there studying one of the animals from the forest, so he stood there for a minute watching you and thinking you were so cute when you were concentrating on something. 

"Hey, Coco, I brought you something." Spider said approaching you.

"You did?" You asked confused as he didn't usually bring you things.

"I did...we went fishing today and saw these and thought that you maybe would like them..it's okay if you don't." He said handing him some beautiful rocks. 

"No no! It just caught me off guard is all. They are beautiful, thank you." You said giving him a small smile which made him smile. 

Over the next few weeks, you noticed that Spider started to spend more time with you in and out of the lab whether it would be bringing you things back that he thought might interest you or asking questions about what you were working on in the lab. One day you came in and saw a completely different-looking spider, gone were the na'vi clothing and marking, and instead, a human-looking spider that didn't look right, you always prefer the Na'vi Spider. 

"Uh hey spider everything okay?" You asked him confused as to look at him.

"Yeah what do you think? I thought it was time I started to dress normally, especially if I wanted to impress you." He said. 

"Oh, spider...what am I going to do with you?" You asked rhetorically. 

"What do you mean?" He asked confused. 

"I mean you didn't have to change yourself to impress me, if I'm being honest I actually thought you were pretty cute before." You said to him. 

"You...You did? But you never seemed interested before." He said.

"Well, that's because you never seemed interested in what I was interested in so I kinda hid my feelings so I wouldn't get hurt plus I kinda thought you and Kiri were thing at first too." You said making him look at you in shock.

"Me and Kiri? Never....as for your interests, I never understood why you liked scientific knowledge of stuff before I actually listened to you explain it, and now it's my favorite thing to hear about." He said lacing his hands with yours. 

"Really?" You asked looking up at him.

"Yeah so what do you say about maybe going on a date with me and seeing where this is going?" He asked hopeful about your answer. 

"I'd say yes only if you go back to the original spider because he's my favorite and you don't ever have to change not for me, not for anyone." You said pressing a kiss to his cheek.