You deserve better: Lo'ak Sully

Request: lo'ak and best friend Reader have been in love with each other for years, but the reader gets taken on out on a date where she gets stood up and comes to Lo'ak in tears, and he comfort her and then maybe she hears him talking about how he feels and whatnot...and they confess? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Lo'ak had been attached at the hip for as long as you could remember, it was always two against the world. But as you two got older, certain feelings started to develop between the two of you, but you never told each other how you felt, opting to suffer in silence due to fear of scaring off the other. 

You had been walking with him and Neteyam when Evìsno the local heartthrob of the clan came up to you guys, sure he was a fairly attractive guy but he didn't compare to Lo'ak beauty.

"Evìsno what brings you by?" Neteyam asked him. 

"I was hoping I could talk to you y/n, privately if you don't mind." He said as you all looked at him confused. 

"Uh-sure, I'll be right back guys." You said following Evìsno to somewhere more privately. 

Neteyam waited until you were outsight and out of hearing distance before he hit his brother not believing he let the girl he's been in love with go off with Evìsno of all people. 

"Ow, what was that for?" Lo'ak asked rubbing his arm.

"What was that? You letting her go off with him?? Why didn't you stop him?" Neteyam asked confused. 

"It's alright. He asked me yesterday if it would be okay if he asked her out. It's not that big of a deal, and plus it's not like she likes me the way I do."  Lo'ak said as Neteyam sighed. 

"You've got to be the biggest skxwang I've ever met." Neteyam said with a sigh as you and Evìsno returned. 

"I'll see you tonight y/n." Evìsno said with a smile as he left you three standing there. 

After spending some more time with them, you went home and started to get ready for your date with Kiri even helping do your hair. By the time you finished getting ready, you realized it was almost time for you to meet Evìsno. So you made your way towards the spot where you had agreed to meet at, so you waited and wait. You waited for almost two hours before it hit you that he wasn't coming so with tears in your eyes, you made your way back to the home tree. 

"Y/n, what is it? What happened my child?" Neytiri asked seeing your state.

"Evìsno...stood me up." You said breaking down in more tears as she wrapped her arms around you and lead you inside the tent catching the attention of her family. 

"Kiri, can you come help me?" She asked taking you to a separate part of the tent. 

"Y/n! Y/n!" Lo'ak asked running into the tent worried about you after one of his friends said they saw you in tears. 

He walked over to where you were and his heart broke, seeing you in tears because of Evìsno. He should've never given Evìsno permission to ask you out. He held your hand while his mom and kiri cleaned you up, before letting you know you could stay the night if you would like. 

"Are you okay flower?" He asked you as you two walked over to the other tent where they usually slept. 

"I will be. Just disappointed is all, I actually thought that someone might like me, but I was wrong." You said. 

"Oh but someone does." Lo'ak thought looking at you. 

You guys sat down well you laid down feeling exhausted from the day you had, while Lo'ak talked to you, telling you one of his dad's earth's stories until you both fell asleep. Jake and Neytiri had come to check on everyone more specifically you, when they saw you and Lo'ak sound asleep cuddled up together which made them smile. 

"You think they will ever tell each other how they feel?" Jake asked Neytiri. 

"I have a feeling it will be soon." She said looking at you two with a smile. 

The next morning you woke up alone as you tried to figure out where everyone was until you heard yelling coming from the other side of the tent. It was Lo'ak and his father which made you more alert until you heard something that you never thought you hear.

"No Dad! You don't get it! Y/n is so amazing and any guy would be lucky to be with her and how every day I wish it was me! Do you know how hard it is to be near her every day and not tell her I'm in love with her?! He said. 

"You're in love with me?" You asked him shocked. 

"I'll leave you guys to it." Jake said stepping out of the tent as you walked in. 

"Fuck y/n, you weren't supposed to hear that, I didn't want to ruin our friendship but yes I have been in love with you for a few years now. Look I get if you don't feel the same way about me, so we can just..." He said as you pressed a kiss against his lips.

"I see you Lo'ak." You said with a smile. 

"Are you serious?" He asked shocked as you smiled at hiim. 

"I've been in love with you for a few years as well." You said making him smile as he pressed another kiss to your lips. 

"I see you y/n." He said leaning his forehead against yours.