62 | a hiccup

two years later

"hyeon come here baby" taehyung gasped, clapping his hands as hyeon runs cutely towards him. 

"what do you have baby" the brunette asked, seeing hyeon had a fist full of sand in his hand. 

"he is so cute, I cant get over it." jimin said, handing hyeon a spade as the little one went back to the sand. just next to them. taehyung took a few pictures before turning a little to make sure hyeon was always in his eyesight. 

"how has life out of school been?" taehyung asked

"you ask that everytime we hang out" jimin laughed alongside taehyung. 

"I cant help it, I am still so happy it is all over" 

"I get that. I have been doing lots of art at the moment, yoongi is currently focusing on his business"

"how is jungkook?" jimin questioned, taking a sip of his drink. 

"he is really good. he has been working full-time and loves teaching children and teenagers how to swim safely. he is wanting to get hyeon into swimming lessons, so we are going to look into that. I miss him though, he is back late, it has been awhile since we have spent time together" taehyung muttered, jimin could not help but to link two and two together. 

"he comes home, helps with hyeon, has dinner, washes up and sleeps. he is in bed before me and is asleep by the time I reach the bed."

"have you tried to talk to him about this?" the pink-haired male asked

"not really, I just dont want to stress him out" taehyung replied, looking at hyeon who was giggling at the sand falling from his fingers. 

"when was the last time he touched you?" jimin asked, and taehyung nearly felt the air knock out his lungs. 

"w-what" taehyung coughed, tapping his chest as he looks at his friend who tried to hide his smile. 

"just answer it" 

"always little pecks but I cant remember the last time he touched me or we made out" taehyung sighed, starting to realise how much he missed jungkook.

"I will try talk to him about it when he gets home, it is the weekend tomorrow so maybe I can see if my parents can watch hyeon" taehyung suggested out loud. 

"that is a good idea. just tell him how you feel, see how he feels. he could be really tired, there would have to be a reason" jimin tried his best to help taehyung feel a little better, he could see how much he missed jungkook even though they see each other in the afternoons. 

"I will let you know how it goes" taehyung replied back, taking a sip of water before watching hyeon again.

taehyung let out his third yawn in the past three minutes, he had just finished giving the house a clean. his eyes feeling heavy as he has been having the worst sleep lately. hyeon has been having no naps during the day when he normally has two. one at lunch and one in the afternoon. 

hyeon is asleep on the couch, wrapped in a blanket cause it was cold. hyeon was fed and now he just had to feed jungkook and himself. as soon as he heard the front door open he let out a nervous breath. 

he heard footsteps reach closer and closer to where he was. he spotted jungkook who went straight to the lounge, he watched as jungkook leaned down to peck hyeon's forehead before walking towards the kitchen. 

"hey tae" jungkook said, placing his keys on the kitchen bench. 

"hey. are you wanting to eat now? everything is ready" taehyung said, gesturing his hands towards the food that was on the kitchen island. jungkook cleared his throat before looking at taehyung 

"I am just going to go shower. you eat though" jungkook said, walking out the kitchen. leaving taehyung who had gripped the counter top with his hands, tears welling up in his eyes as he tried his best to suppress his sobs. 

he wiped the tears that slid down his cheek and stared at the dinner he just prepared. he lost his appetite. he needed space, he wanted to go for a walk. he grabbed a sticky note and started to write. 

taehyung slid his shoes on and threw on a jumper and waited by the doorway of the lounge. keeping an eye on hyeon while jungkook was in the shower. a few minutes later he heard the shower tap turn, the water stopped and now all he was waiting for was jungkook to walk down that first step. 

as soon as he heard him he headed towards the door, leaving his phone in the kitchen. he heard his name being called as soon as he shut the door and as soon as the door shut he ran out the gate, heading down the street.

his tears still running down his cheeks. he will talk to jungkook about this but he just needed space to breath. 

jungkook on the other hand reached the front door and opened it, looking outside to see taehyung running out the gate. he frowned and walked into the lounge, seeing hyeon still asleep on the couch. he went to the kitchen to see the food had not been touched. 

his eyes landed on a sticky note and his fingers immediately grasp onto it.

jungkook,

i have gone for a walk. need to clear my head, i left as soon as i heard you come down. hyeon has been fed so will just need a bath and then bed. i dont know what time I will be back, dont bother waiting for me, not like you would anyways. 

jungkook felt his heart break a little. he wondered why taehyung would just leave like that, he did not even eat anything. jungkook could not sit or stand still, all he did for the next hour was pace back and forward. he did not like knowing taehyung was out there by himself. he did not even know where he was. 

did he do something to upset him?

is he seeing someone else?

he is not an idiot he does know that these past few months things have been different between them. he knows he should of talked to taehyung about what has been going on but he never knew what to say or how to start it.