03 | berry

taehyung didn't take long to settle in; with his books on the shelf and his electronics and plugs all set up, it felt familiar. he decided to look around the house with a smile on his lips.It was a cosy house, he thought as he walked down the hallway.

there were picture frames on the walls, flowers in vases, and the house smelled wonderful. he could tell rose took good care of the house.

"would you like a strawberry smoothie taehyung?" rose walked into the house from the back ranch-slider.

taehyung nodded, his gaze fixed on rose as he walked towards the kitchen. he wanted to talk to rose about rules, chores, and anything else he needed to know. he had no idea where to begin, so he sat on the chairs and watched the nice lady make him a smoothie.

"thank you," he said as soon as she handed him the drink, which looked delicious and fresh. he almost moaned when he took a sip, but he restrained himself out of embarrassment. when she sat in front of him, he set the glass cup down.

"so, what are the rules and responsibilities?" rose laughed as the brunette asked, getting right to the point. "you can be on dishes because school starts in two days. I'll drop you off at school before heading to work, and you can take the bus home "taehyung nodded in agreement with what she was saying.

so far, he agreed with everything and had no complaints."I do want you to look for work," and there you have it.

his best bet was to nod his head to everything she said. As she spoke, he pushed against his finger, swirling his anxiety ring over and over. hearing that he had to return to school increased his anxiety. His mother said it was either go to school or get a job, but it appears that he will have to do both here.

"If you want to go on a little adventure, I have a map on the bench and a spear bike in the garage for you." she smiled as she pointed to a bench near the front door.

"If you are out late, I would like a text just so I know your okay. I trust you, and know that you wont do anything silly"

"If you have any questions then let me know"

from what the brunette could tell, she seemed really nice; in all honesty, he just wanted to sleep. where his mind shuts down and he forgets about everything that makes him sad and upset.

after finishing his smoothie and talking with rose, he washed the cup in the sink with warm, soapy water before leaving it to dry. he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, prompting him to reach into it.

he smiled slightly when he saw a text from his mother; she had transferred him enough money to last him a couple of weeks. he thanked her and put his phone in his pocket after responding to her text.

"hey rose, is it okay if I ride the bike around and explore?" taehyung inquired, leaning against the kitchen bench, waiting for her response.

"of course, dear, just get home before dinner, which will be ready at 6:00 p.m." she smiled as she sat on the couch, watching TV.

taehyung gulped a little, clearing his throat when he felt it sting. why does she remind me so much of her?.

"thanks rose, be back soon"

he took his headphones, a small map, his phone, his wallet, and a small bag before proceeding to the garage by the driveway. he looked around the garage until he found the black bike she was referring to, then put on his helmet and rode down the driveway.

he came to a halt at the end and opened the map. his brown eyes scanned the large map in front of him; there were many things marked on the map.

♥♥♥

when he arrived at the bar, he chained up his bike before entering. there were a few people inside, watching a football game on the TVs against the wall or chatting as laughter filled the large room. his gaze was drawn to a worker behind the counter, rubbing a glass cup while humming a song.

wow he is attractive.

the male had dark hair that fluttered against his eyes slightly, and he was wearing a white shirt that was a little see-through, revealing all of his tattoos on one side of his arm. he had a few piercings, tanned skin, and a sharp jawline. what caught his eye the most was the male's muscles that flexed slightly through the males shirt.

he gulped, he was fucking hot. the hottest male he had ever seen and he had only been here for at-least an hour.

once they made eye contact he felt his heart drop.

he took a quick step up to the counter, pretending not to be eye-fucking the male. his hands were on the bench as he read the menu, not realising the other male was also looking at him.

"can I please have a strawberry smoothie with blueberry pancakes and a raspberry cookie?" taehyung inquired, his gaze averted from the hot male in front of him.

when he heard a chuckle, his brown eyes met the others'.

"wow, berry, that's a lot of berries." the man smiled as he tapped his finger against the touch screen computer.

"d-did you just refer to me as a berry?" taehyung inquired, a little puzzled.

"perhaps I did, takeaway or here?" the brunette knew he was going to eat this delicious food on the beach, ready to take a tonne of photos while video calling his mother. when he noticed a name tag on the male's chest, he took a closer look.

jungkook.

intersting.

"I am going to go with takeaway, thanks jungkook" when he saw the male shoot his head towards him confused after placing the brunette's meal and drink in front of him, he smiled, holding back a giggle.

"h-how do you know my name, berry?" jungkook inquired, looking concerned until he saw taehyung take his food and drink after paying.

"your name tag, genius. maybe it's time I took your job" walking out the doors and towards the beach, the brunette sassed back, his hands gripping his food.

"who the hell was that kook?" when jungkook's pink-haired friend jimin appeared around the corner, he turned around.

"I-i d-don't know, I've never seen him b-before," the raven exclaimed, ignoring jimin's babbling.

all the bartender knew that this mysterious male who he now calls berry is fucking hot.

--------------------------------------

THIS IS A SNEAK PEEK OF THIS BOOK <3