56 | relief and news

hours went by and all jungkook and taehyung could do was clean the house. their house from the outside looked like no one was home. that was how it was meant to look when the town went on lock down. it was dark now and the news was about to be on in half in hour. jungkook was making dinner while taehyung was feeding hyeon again. he had woken from his nap a few minutes ago and when he started crying they knew he was hungry. 

"it smells nice kook" taehyung called out from the lounge, turning on the tv as he waits for the news to come up. 

"thanks love" jungkook replied, continuing to stir the noddles. the raven went back and forward from his phone to cooking. now and then he looked out through the curtains and sighed every-time it got darker and darker. still no word from his close friends and his mind could only think the worst.

they had the kitchen light on only but had the lights dimmed. when you look out the windows towards other houses it looked like no one was home. jungkook walked into the lounge to see taehyung was standing by hyeon's crib, humming softly. the tv was on but no noise was coming from it. 

jungkook wrapped his arms around taehyung from behind, pecking his neck when the brunette leaned against him. they were both silent but soon flinched when there was a loud knock on the front door. 

taehyung gasped and turned around quickly to face jungkook who tensed and placed his finger on his lips. 

jungkook reach beside the couch and grabbed the bat he brought from the garage. 

"stay here" the raven whispered, walking out the lounge but taehyung ignored him and followed behind him. they both walked slowly and quietly, until jungkook reached the door. he peeked through the hole and gasped. taehyung panicked when he saw the raven unlock the door and opened it until his eyes landed on jimin who was standing in front of all their close friends. 

"oh my god" taehyung cried, pulling jimin inside and into a tight hug. 

"come inside quick" jungkook said, making sure they were all inside and looked at both sides of the house before closing and locking the door. 

"where have you guys been?! we were so worried" taehyung said, pulling jimin into the lounge while the others followed. 

"we were sitting two rows in front of you two and when the guy started shooting we all were sitting on the same row so we all grabbed onto each other and hid straight behind the gymnasium. a lot of us escaped through the forrest and none of us looked back, when we heard the siren we were far from school and our cars were there"

"it was risky going back when we dont know what was happening or where the guy was" 

"so we caught a ride with a few guys from school that we know and they dropped us off here" taehyung and jungkook listened carefully as they listened to jimin explain. 

"you all must be exhausted" taehyung said, looking around the room to see them all nod. 

"have you guys eaten?" jungkook questioned, they all shook their heads. 

"we have enough for all of us, I want you all to stay here" jungkook stated, brushing through his hair.

"are you sure kook? we just wanted to make sure you both were okay?" namjoon questioned but jungkook nodded. 

"I want you all here with us, everyone I love and care about is safe and I think it would be best if all of us are together" the raven replied, soon looking around the room to see that they all were still in their graduation gowns that were muddy, dirty and bloody.

"okay I want you all to shower, we have a bathroom in our room and then a bathroom on this floor. one person can have a bath and another can have a shower. any of the couples that want to shower together please do so." jungkook said soon disappearing down the hallway. 

"by the time you all shower and clean up dinner should be ready" taehyung said, feeling like he can finally breath from seeing everyone of their close friends is with them. 

jungkook came back with a basket filled of towels and a basket filled with comfy night clothes. 

"namjoon, jimin, yoongi, jin and hoseok I have some of my night clothes that I had in a bag to throw away cause I bought new clothes. there are large tops, sweatpants, socks, underwear and jumpers. it is meant to get pretty cold tonight so let me know if I can get you anything warm" jungkook said, passing them the baskets as they all went through it and grabbed stuff. 

"thanks for this kook" hoseok said, grabbing things from the basket. 

"where do we put our graduation uniforms?" jimin asked

"just chuck them in the garage and we can sort it out tomorrow" jungkook replied.

jimin and yoongi went straight to the upstairs bathroom while jin and namjoon went to the bathroom downstairs. hoseok helped taehyung and jungkook cook dinner. taehyung and jungkook both took their gowns off and were left in pants and a random top. they wanted to get out of the bloody clothes but wanted to get into night clothes when they felt clean from a shower and are about to go to bed. 

by the time everyone had a shower and hoseok came out drying his hair, they all ate at the table. 

"help yourselves to seconds, after dinner if you wake up in the middle of the night hungry... help yourself to food" jungkook commented as they all ate. 

"thank you kook, seriously. after all that happened today I am glad we are in lock down with you all. I dont know how I was going to sleep tonight" jimin said, staring at his bowl of spaghetti. yoongi placed his arm around jimin and pecked the side of his head.