04 | first day

taehyung had enjoyed the rest of the day sitting against the sand, watching as the waves slid closer to his feet while he ate his food and sipped off his drink. he called his mother, telling her everything that he has been doing so far. It felt weird, he felt as if he should be mad at her but parents can only do so much. 

at first it felt like she gave up and was sending him away but for the first time in a long time he felt at peace, there was something about this island that made him feel calm and content. as he explained this to his mother he grew happy seeing the relieved look on her face. 

It's understandable that she felt guilty. taehyung is still upset that they did not sit down and discuss this with him weeks before the event. when he told his mother about it, she understood, but added that if they had given him the option, he would not have gone.

maybe they are right, maybe it was time he needed to be forced into something he was not sure on. for awhile he has been avoiding things he doesnt want to do. His inner thoughts were telling him to get up, do something with your life, she is not coming ba-. 

the motivation was not there, he lost it. after he talked to his mother over the phone and said hi to his siblings he decided to bike back to where he is staying before it gets dark. 

when he shut the front door, he heard Rose call out from the kitchen, "oh tae, your back."

"dinner will be ready in five minutes," she said as he walked towards the kitchen, a small box on the bench.

"I tired these delicious cupcakes from a cafe, and got you one if you wanted to try?" the brunette whispered, casting his eyes on Rose who had a bright smile on her face. 

"you did not have to do that dear" 

"I wanted to"

after they sat down to have dinner taehyung had a shower and slid under the covers of the bed, he sighed as soon as his back hit the matters. so far he was liking it here, he liked being away from his parents and siblings. he knows he will miss them but he wants to make this experience worth while. 

he opened one of his favourite romance books and started reading. only mostly devastated was what the book was called, it was a spin off of grease. every chapter that he turned he grew more and more excited, but as soon as he started yawning he put the book down. starting to find it hard to keep those beautiful brown eyes open. 

the brunette placed the book down on the bedside table, turning the light off and pulling the covers closer to his neck as he drifted to sleep. 

♥♥♥

taehyung let out a deep groan when he heard his phone alarm blearing against his ear, he placed his hand around trying to figure out where his phone was till his hand touched the annoying electronic.  

his eyes trying to adjust to the sunlight shining through his room as he turned it off. he let out a mini sigh once he realised the time, sliding out the bed to shiver when his feet hit the cold wooden floor. he quickly got changed and book the clear books into his bag before grabbing his phone and walking out the bedroom. 

"good morning dear, you ready for your first day?" she questioned, eyes trained onto the male who was serving himself some breakfast. "I guess so" he shrugged, giving her a polite smile before digging into his food. 

"I will drop you off, and pick you up today but once you start finding your way- you're welcome to bike to school and back" she suggested, chucking a grape into her mouth as she sorts out her work bag. 

"that does not sound bad" he hummed, he did not mind biking. for some reason biking was different here, back in his home town there were hills everyone and cars and he knew that getting hit by a car would end up killing him. 

"I am ready to go, I will be in the car waiting" rose said, grabbing her bags before leaving the house. taehyung ate quickly, not wanting to be late. His bag was on his side as he walked out the door, making sure the door was locked behind him. 

once he was in the car and rose started driving he looked down at his uniform, he had not gotten a decent look at it as it slipped him mind when putting it on. he has worn uniform before, dealing with the itchy sweaters they provide. 

taehyung was glad that this jumper was not itchy, he could live with this uniform for a little while. his attention was dragged from his thoughts to the view of the island from the window as they drove by. to the brunette it felt like he was not on earth, the island was that beautiful. 

once the school came into view and rose's car slowed down until it stopped he gulped, seeing the students all walk inside with someone. It was definitely nerve racking, going somewhere and staying there for 6 hours when you know no one. 

"have a good day" rose smiled, passing him his bag. 

"thanks rose, see you later" taehyung said gripping his bag before getting out the car. his eyes, casted onto the highschool that was now in front of him. he walked a head, knowing that rose was looking at him. he did not want to upset her or his mother if they knew he was hesitant to walk into the school.

with a small sigh he walked forward.