59 | when will this end

taehyung was in the laundry room, trying to get through the many clothes that he needed to put through the washing machine and drying. he had been in the laundry with the door shut for about twenty minutes now, and he had not even done a load. 

he sighed a leaned against the washing machine as he felt his eye sight get blurry, his throat tightened. 

"I am such a idiot" he whispered, wiping the tears that was rolling down his cheeks. he did not know why he was crying, was it because he was feeling overwhelmed? scared? tired? unsafe? was he just being dramatic?. 

he felt like for the past few days he has been feeling so tense, trying to be strong in front of others. he ended up waking up during the night having a nightmare, he was thankful that he did not wake up jungkook who was fast asleep. 

eventually when he went back to bed he woke up again two hours later because he thought he heard a noise from outside. he was scared to go downstairs to check it out so he threw the blanket over his head and shuffled back into jungkook. 

he was struggling with this all. knowing how many lives were lost. how so many of these people did not get to graduate, walk down the aisle at their wedding's, have children, have grandkids. it was truly heartbreaking. 

and in the back of his mind he thinks 'it could of been me, or jungkook'. he flinched when the door was flung open, as soon as he made eye contact with jungkook he turned around, his back facing the raven as he cleared his throat. 

"s-sorry I will be o-out soon just doing this last b-bit of washing" taehyung stuttered, trying to keep his voice steady. looking away from jungkook, who as soon as he opened the door noticed taehyung's teary eyes and immediate shut the door behind him. 

"baby whats wrong?" jungkook whispers, walking up behind taehyung who bit his lower lip to prevent a sob from coming out. even though tears were falling quickly. when the raven noticed he felt his heart crack. 

"oh my love" he whispered, worriedly as he turns taehyung softly around and pulls him to his chest. as soon as taehyung's head was met with jungkook's chest he covered his mouth as he let out a sob. the raven tightened his hold around him, pecking his head now and then. 

it was heartbreaking to hear him cry, to see those tears and to listen to him sob. he just wanted to find out what was wrong so he could help and take the pain away.

"let it all out" 

minutes went by and when taehyung moved away he wiped his eyes but soon his hands were taken into jungkook's. he smiled softly when the raven kissed his hands. 

"whats wrong my love" jungkook whispered, wiping taehyung's tears with the back of his thumbs. 

"I just feel so anxious" taehyung whispered, looking down. not being able to look jungkook in the eye. 

"I am constantly f-feeling unsafe, anxious, s-scared, worried" taehyung sighed, rubbing his fingers against his head. 

"I had a nightmare last night, then woke up later on cause I thought I heard a noise. I got scared and went closer to you. I always think about it could of been us that were part of the casualties. I think about the p-people who lost their lives for no reason" the male whispered, jungkook listened carefully to every single thing. 

"I did not know you were having nightmares berry. you should of woken me" jungkook whispered, meaning every word. 

"dont be silly, wake you up over a silly nightmare" taehyung sniffled, shaking his head. 

"its not silly if it causes you discomfort" jungkook replied, very serious as he lifted taehyung's face with his two fingers. creasing his chin. 

"its understandable to feel anxious and unsafe. I am sorry you feel that way berry cause that is the last thing I want you to feel. I am sure they will catch him soon, how about tonight we watch a movie just us in the room. you can wear my jumper and you can sleep on my side of the bed" jungkook whispered, pecking the males lips who eventually smiled. 

"I love you jungkook" taehyung whispered, sniffling soon after as he pecked jungkook's lips back. 

"I appreciate everything you do for me and hyeon." he continued. 

"I love you so much more tae. if you ever feel this way again, talk to me." jungkook replied, pulling taehyung towards his chest as they both decided to stay in each others arms a little longer. 

after dinner was done, hyeon was bathed and fed. all the lights in the house was off, everyone was in their rooms. everyone decided they wanted to watch a movie but every couple wanted to watch something different. 

"what do you want to watch my love?" jungkook questioned, sliding into bed. taehyung hummed and looked through what was available on netflix. 

"lets watch mean girls" taehyung gasped as soon as it popped up. the brunette shuffled into jungkook when the male started the movie. the raven turned the lights off, looked at hyeon who was in his cot right next to their bed. he was fast asleep. 

the raven wrapped his arms around taehyung's waist, rubbing his back as taehyung rested his head against the tallers chest. they both pulled the blankets over their shoulders.

"do you think it will ever end?" taehyung whispered, hand placed on the raven's chest. 

"I promise it will" jungkook replied back, not really believing his own words. but he will say anything to make sure the brunette felt calm, safe, assured. 

"I hope so" the brunette whispered.