00 | back story of taehyung

Kim Taehyung.

a 19-year-old male interested in writing books, listening to music and playing video games. a young adult with lots of insecurities and sadness. a male who likes to hide in his bedroom, his room being the only place he feels is safe— from the judgement, from the anxiety that fills his chest whenever he steps out of the room.

he was not always like this, he used to be a cheerful, happy person, but high school slowly changed him. he was seen as the bad boy of his high school. he gets into fights, turns homework in late, and does not listen to the teacher or his parents.

the so-called 'bad boy' has friends, the type of friends that act like they are so close that you never hear from them as soon as it is the weekend or holidays. It was currently winter in south korea. the chilly mornings, the frost against the windows and cars were a pain in the ass to everyone living in korea.

the chatty neighbours, their loud mouths, were complaining about the cold weather. It was like any saturday, stepping out of his room and heading towards the kitchen. 'good mornings' being spread as if it was christmas day.

"taehyung, have you done these dishes?" his mother's loud voice boomed from the kitchen, and he knew she would have checked the dishwasher. It was something that pissed him off. she would ask him questions about if he had done something— even though she already knew the answer.

why not ask him if he has done his chores? just a straight-up question would be excellent. his relationship with his mother is like waves in the ocean, one day, the waves are steady, and the next, their crashing against the sea banks and cliff walls.

he loves his mother, don't get him wrong, but sometimes he feels like the woman that is meant to make him feel loved, cared for and important is the woman who seems to make him feel the opposite at times. his relationship with his father is different.

they have a similar sense of humour and know how to tease each other. When it comes to feelings, taehyung is a lot like his father. they hide whenever they feel hurt and shut everyone out when they feel alone. the brunette has three siblings, one older sister and two younger brothers.

most siblings are close, always have each other's backs, and are ready to give them shit for anything they do embarrassing. sibling love was tricky. one day you want to punch them, then the next, you want to punch anyone who hurts them. his older sister is 21, his younger brother is 16, and his youngest brother is 9. binna, his older sister, are two years apart and are always seen as twins.

taehyung felt like his sister was always in the sunlight, happy eyes always looking her way while the brunette was hidden in the shadows. the more sunlight binna got, the more he went into the shadows. when taehyung was younger, he spent a lot of time with his 16-year-old brother, brooklyn.

they used to get along so well, playing spies, FBI agents, firefighters and making potions in the mud. his youngest brother, rax, was the cutest baby when he was born. rax always has a soft spot in taehyung's heart. they have lived in korea their whole lives, recently moving to seoul from busan to be closer to their grandparents.

"no, I haven't, mum. I will do it now", taehyung sighed, placing his phone on the kitchen island before walking towards the dishwasher to start unloading it. he ignored his mum, raising her voice at his other siblings as they ran around the house.

he has only been living in seoul for a few months now and has not attended a new school yet as he does not know what he wants anymore. he used to go to high school, but when he heard his parents were moving house to be closer to his grandparents, he took a lot of thought about moving down with them.

he spent the summer holidays experiencing what it would feel like to live close to them again. he loved it. he was happy. so he decided to move. he felt his mother's gaze on him while he finished doing the dishes.

after he finished, his feet led towards the stairs, ready to go up to his room when he heard his mother say. "there he goes again." he bit his tongue, biting back his screams and pain as he continued walking up those stairs leading to his bedroom.

his bedroom is his safe place, the one place he feels the most comfort, the room that has seen everything from his laughter to his tears, his self-harm, to his screams in excitement over a video game. the one place he stays in where he can cry all his hurt out, scream into a pillow after punching it. with the last slam of his door, he fell face-first into the pillow as he let out a scream of anger.