31 | safe

they both ended up moving to the lounge to watch the news, it was getting a little darker and they both finished cleaning up after baking. the cupcakes still in the oven while they wait in the lounge. 

when the news came back on, both males were quiet. when they saw the conference come onto the tv they both were quiet, watching as the chief officer walked towards the front of the stage and stood behind the podium. 

"thank you all for tuning in and coming here on such late notice. over the past week we were hit with one of the worst storms we have had in a very long time. we have had lives lost, homes destroyed. as the days have gone on we have discovered new bodies under wood of houses, covered in mud by destroyed homes."

"we believed it to be caused by the destruction in some areas, but after receiving the biopsy evidence was not adding up. over the past week we have conducted research and studied the evidence we have...."

"the island of aroha has a serial killer" the chief said, taehyung gasped and covered his mouth he looked at jungkook who's eyes were widened. 

"currently we have no leads, but we do know that these deaths are not caused by the storm. every victim we have found has had the same marks on their wrists from being handcuffed. we do not know what this persons motive is, we are all working very hard to capture this killer."

"my request to you is to stay safe, be around people, lock your doors and keep your phones close to you"

"if you know any information, please contact the number on your screens. thank you" the chief said, now taking questions from the public. the raven grabbed the remote and muted the tv when both their phones started to vibrate. 

taehyung quickly answered the phone, walking into one of the downstair rooms so jungkook can talk to whoever he needs to in private. 

"hey aunty, did you see the news?" taehyung asked his aunty rose who was on the other line of the phone. 

"yeah, we are watching it now in the hospital. my son has to go in for surgery so I am coming home tomorrow for a couple days then will be coming back to be here for him, I have contacted your mum as she was watching the news... she said she will give you a call soon"

"I told her I was going to call you to check in" she said

"i hope this surgery will help him, when time will you be at home tomorrow?" taehyung asked

"in the morning"

"I am staying at jungkook's place so I will come home in the morning as well" the brunette replied

"okay dear, please stay safe. im shocked by the news, I am looking forward to meeting this jungkook boy. if you feel safer to stay with him please do." she said, taehyung smiled and talked with her a little more before his phone started vibrating, saying he was getting a call from his mum. 

"aunty, mum is calling me. can we talk later?" he asked

"of course dear, stay safe. see you tomorrow. lock all the doors at jungkooks" 

jungkook was sat on the couch, on the phone to both his parents who were worried about him being there. 

"why dont we take you out of school for a little, we can get you to go online. travel with us until it is safe to go back?" his mother said softly, worried about her son. 

"Im sorry mum but I cant, I have a job here that I cant leave. I will be fine here, we have good security here" jungkook replied

"hes right, he will be safe in that house at night." he heard his father say. 

"okay well, we are coming back tomorrow for a couple days before heading back out the country. we both would love to meet this friend you have been spending time with" his mother said

"okay mum, you both can meet him when you guys get back. I got to go, love you both" jungkook said as soon as taehyung walked back into the lounge. 

"everything okay?" jungkook asked as soon as taehyung walked back into the room. 

"yeah, it was just rose checking in. she is coming back tomorrow morning for a few days then heading back to be with his son for his surgery. how about your parents?" taehyung asked, sitting on the couch. 

"they are also coming back for the weekend to make sure everything is okay, they are going to get more security in place here. my dad thinks I will be safe here" taehyung nodded to what jungkook was saying. 

"do you need a ride to your house in the morning?" jungkook asked, watching taehyung sit on the couch. 

"if that is okay" taehyung replied, pulling a pillow to his lap. 

"of course it is, I will drop you off in the morning" jungkook replied, turning off his phone as he looked at taehyung who suddenly went quiet. the raven got up from the couch he was sitting on and sat next to taehyung. 

"you okay?" jungkook whispered, smiling softly when taehyung looked up at him. 

"honestly, im scared. it scary knowing there is someone out there wanting to kill and hurt people" taehyung whispered looking at jungkook who nodded, agreeing completely.

"im shocked that there is even someone on this island that wants to hurt people. we have never had a serial killer here before" jungkook commented, his hand slowly grasping onto taehyung's. taehyung could not help but to blush a little when the raven grabbed his hand. 

"promise me to call me if you ever feel unsafe" jungkook said, getting taehyung to promise him. 

"I promise" taehyung whispered, soon getting up to grab the cupcakes out the fridge.