06 | recognising you

Walking into a full classroom while the teacher was speaking, everyone turning their heads to look straight at the door that bumped against the wall, was the most nerve-racking experience.

"Welcome, new student!" The teacher motioned with her hands for both of the males to enter.

"Don't be shy now, berry," Jungkook said from behind him, chuckling slightly as the male moved to the front of the class.

"This is Kim Taehyung, please treat him nicely." She smiled and turned to face the back of the class. The brunette avoided eye contact with the students, instead focusing on the window besides the teacher.

"You can sit next to Jungkook because you both know each other," she said, smiling as both men walked to the back of the class. Taehyung sighed as he sat down, grabbing his notes when he noticed they were in English class when he looked up at the board.

He could feel the raven's eyes burning into his sides, and his gaze remained fixed on the teacher while his mind wandered. He had been the new boy once and he hated it, everyone was curious to get to know him and poked their noses into his business. He had no idea how rude some of the questions they asked could be.

He cast a quick glance around the room, his gaze falling on Jungkook, who was passing notes to the male next to him. Before paying attention to the teacher, both of the males were laughing and smirking.

"Now, grab your note pads because we're going to go over referencing. Taehyung, if you need any assistance, Jungkook knows what he's doing. If you require additional assistance, please see me after class."

Fantastic.

♥♥♥

His first class flew by, and after that, he had art, which Jungkook was not in. To say he was relieved is an understatement. He liked art class because it was a class where he didn't have to make friends.

Everyone sat in their own space, painting and drawing in the corner while listening to music or watching something on their electronics.

At the start of class, the teacher gave a brief speech encouraging students to conduct their first assessment on something they find beautiful.

The first half of the assessment required you to divide your portrait into four squares and choose beautiful things to draw before beginning your final one.

He wasn't sure what he wanted to do, so he scanned the paper on which he was brainstorming. He was considering drawing a variety of things.

He likes the ocean, but cant swim, he loves music but cant write lyrics, he loves shopping but has no money.

Perhaps the ocean or a forest? When the teacher said it had to be found on the island of Aroha, his ideas fell, and he didn't mind travelling around the island to find inspiration.

So he spent his time tapping the pencil against his drawing-filled notepad, jotting down his ideas on a blank page.

"Hi" He turned his head when someone from behind him tapped his shoulder.

"Hi" He replied when his eyes met a pink-haired male, gulping a little when he watched him drag a chair to sit next to him.

"You look new?" the male questioned

"Yeah, I am new to this island" Taehyung replied, keeping his focus on his notepad.

"Oh that is cool! where did you come from?"

"Korea"

"I have family that are from there!" The pinked-haired male said.

"Really?" Taehyung questioned, his attention drawn to the male next to him who had moved all his things beside him.

"Yeah, my mother and I both lived there for a couple of years but then moved here and based have lived here majority of my life! you liking it here so far?"

"Yeah, I am. I like it here, still need to get use to everything?"

"You here for long?"

"I go back once I graduate"

"Oh so, your only here for the rest of the year?"

"Yeah. Your name?" Taehyung questioned, wanting to turn the conversation around. He had a feeling that the next question was going to be

"Why here?"

"What made you move?"

"How come only for a little"

He did not feel like answering all those questions.

"Park Jimin, and you?"

"Kim Taehyung"

"Taehyung, hm. Nice name. Can I just say that I spent majority of the start of class trying to figure out where I recognised you from. I still cant figure it out" Jimin chuckled, waiting from a response from Taehyung who shrugged.

"Sorry I have no idea" The brunette chuckled, giving Jimin a soft smile.

♥♥♥

His first day went by faster than expected; thankfully, he did not have sport today because he did not bring his sport gear. He walked towards the office after finishing his last class, phone in hand, texting his mother.

He wanted to tell her how his day went. He turned off his phone after sending a few texts and walked towards the office.

"Hi, I am here to pick up my sports gear" Taehyung said before saying his name, watching as one of the staff nodded and walked behind a door into the back. She came back in a few minutes, handing him the uniform.

After he thanked her, he walked off out of the office and walked along the pathway as he looked around for Rose's car. Once he spotted it, he smiled.

"How was your day?" Rose asked as soon as he stepped foot into the car, once he shut the door Taehyung turned to her with a soft smile.

"It was good" He whispered, gripping the seatbelt.