01 | sending you away

a week had passed in the kim household, and he had many spats with his parents. the main one is that he is always in his room and never leaves. How he sits on his bed all day and does nothing with his life.

moving to a town where you did not grow up is difficult. taehyung was finding the transition more difficult than he admits. his mother's comments were also not helping him. he felt like he could never please his mother because there was always something he did wrong. he appeared to be a disappointment.

the brunette was currently in bed, as he always is when he gets into trouble. he was reading a book when he heard the door open and saw his parents walk into the room.

taehyung observed them as they sat at opposite ends of his bed, looking at him but saying nothing. he sighed and placed his book on his lap before looking at them both.

"what's up" he inquired, his gaze shifting between them as he awaited an answer.

"we've been noticing your behaviour lately, and it's gotten worse since-" his mother began, but was cut off by her son, who raised his hand.

"please do not say it. let's get right to the point"

he muttered, unable to hear what she was about to say. his mother cleared her throat, looking at her husband, who nodded and smiled.

"we were talking to a friend of ours, and we decided you're going on a two-month trip," she said quietly, biting her tongue as she braced herself for her son to blast them.

"what?" his head shook. this made no sense to him; how would sending him on a vacation even work?

"we've been talking to a friend who has offered you the opportunity to stay with her for two months while you attend school and look for work. It might be beneficial for you to travel somewhere new to regain your confidence" she muttered.

"Return to school?! I was planning to attend university instead." Taehyung felt a pit form in his stomach as he realised his parents were serious. The brunette was at a loss for words, his lips parted as he tried to grasp them. How is this supposed to help him?

"If the next two months go well, you'll finish your last year there and then return home." She muttered,

"I'm not sure how this is supposed to help me," he said quietly, his gaze drawn to the blanket covering his legs. his parents' response was quiet, as if they didn't know what to say in response to his question.

"when do I leave?" sighed taehyung.

"tomorrow morning" taehyung's head shot up, his eyes widened, and his lips parted in surprise.

"tomorrow?!" he laughed, his gaze following both of them as they stood up.

"tae, I know this is completely unexpected, but I feel like this could really help you," his mother said before leaving the room. his father nodded to him before closing the door behind him. taehyung sat there, still stunned, trying to process the new information. could it be a good thing? It was suffocating for him to be here.

It could also be frightening because he doesn't know anyone.With that, he jumped out of bed, grabbing two bags and a suitcase. He's starting to pack his belongings.

♥♥♥

his parents told him that he needed to get up at 6:00 a.m. because his flight was at 8:00 a.m. and it takes an hour to get to the airport. to get to the island of Aroha, he must take two planes. he didn't know what to say to his parents as soon as they arrived at the airport.He felt like they were giving up on him; he knows he can be difficult, but he wishes they would see how much he is suffering. he is aware that he is not lazy, grumpy, or moody.

as they say, he's a "typical adolescent." he is depressed, lonely, and lacks motivation for anything.

his parents are aware of his sadness; perhaps they are unsure how to handle him. Is that why they're sending him away? "this will be good for you tae," his father said as he said his goodbyes and walked to the car. He and his mother were left alone to talk.

"I know it's frightening, but I agree with your father that it's good for you." taehyung nodded, his gaze fixed on the floor.

"does anyone know where I'm going?"

"no, we'll sit down and talk about it when they wake up," she said quietly, brushing his hair away from his face.

"I understand you're struggling with-"

"mum," he said sternly, interrupting her once more. before pulling him into a hug, she cleared her throat.

"your plane has arrived; text me when you arrive and we'll call heaps. I am only a phone call away if you ever need me "she smiled and pecked his hair as she walked back to the car. leaving the male all alone in the airport.