08 | fluttering berry

authors note; changing to lowercase!

taehyung did not show up for school the following day, which was meant to be a friday. it was currently saturday and the brunette had his dairy in his hands while he biked towards the beach, trying to look at the scenery for his upcoming project. 

four beautiful scenery, that make him feel like him. like a person, peaceful. he definitely felt connected to the water, but from a far. he was not a fan of swimming, he tried once and nearly drowned. maybe he could learn how to swim while he is here. 

he started to think that mostly everyone that lived here probably knew how to swim, surf, climb. he latched his bike to a post before grabbing his blanket from his bag and walking along the beach until he found a quiet area. 

surprising the beach was not as packed on a saturday at seven at night, the sun just setting and a few surfers in the ocean. the wind brushed past taehyung's face and he let out a soft smile, he did not get this in seoul. 

this feeling. was new. 

before he left the house he had a phone call with his mum, telling her everything he had been up to and told her about jungkook and his first friend jimin. his mother seemed a lot more happy than what he did. 

maybe she was worried everything would not go as well as she hoped but so far taehyung was enjoying himself. he felt like he could be a different person, no one knew the him from seoul. he could be someone completely different, or be himself. 

find himself. 

he shivered slightly, not expecting it to get colder once the sun got lower. he slipped on his jumper and wrapped his legs in the blanket. his eyes widened as he watched a male walk out from the waves, surf board being carried by one arm. 

his eyes travelled down the males chest, gasping a little when he made eye contact with the said male. only to realise it was jungkook he had been staring at, he gulped when he watched the raven walk closer to him. 

"berry?" jungkook asked, jogging towards him when he realised it was taehyung. 

"what are you doing here at this time?" the surfer asked, reaching his bag that was just a few feet away from taehyung's blanket. 

"jerking off, how about you?" taehyung said sarcastically, watching as jungkook pulled a towel from his bag and dried himself off while chuckling. 

"now that would be a sight" jungkook said, walking over to taehyung with his bag as he continued to dry himself off. 

"I was being sarcastic, idiot" taehyung mumbles, slight blush on his cheeks as his eyes casted anywhere but jungkook's chest that was on full display. 

the taller chuckled, placing his board on the sand as he dried the rest of his body off. "now tell me why you decided to come to the beach at this time?" jungkook felt oddly curious. 

"wanted to clear my head, it is peaceful here" taehyung whispered, looking at the raven who had laid next to him. resting his head against his arm as he looked up at the brunette who's eyes were on the ocean. 

"I get that" jungkook whispered, listening to the waves crash against the sand. 

"do you normally come to the beach after work?" taehyung asked

"yeah, sometimes I even come earlier than what I am meant to and surf before my shift" the raven replied, eyes not leaving taehyung's face. 

"is the ocean your place?" the brunette whispered, soon shifting his eyes to jungkook's who looked confused. 

"my place? what do you mean?" 

"the place you feel like you can be you, that gives you peace" there was something in taehyung's voice that made jungkook feel some type of way, he loved how much the brunette connected with nature the same way he does. 

"yeah, it is. how about you?" taehyung was asked

"I would like to think the ocean is, but I prefer to admire and listen to the ocean. I sadly cant swim" he admitted, already waiting for the raven to laugh but was met with a hum and a nod. 

"I understand. swimming is not easy to learn, but it is fun. it is a good skill to have and swimming feels amazing, if you want I can teach you?" jungkook offered, not expecting the male to take him up on the offer but felt happy when he did. 

"that sounds like fun" 

"good" jungkook whispered, soon watching taehyung shiver slightly. he pushed himself off the sand and grabbed his things. 

"come on, I will give you a ride home. it is getting dark and it will be cold" jungkook said

taehyung shook his head and pointed towards his bike that was parked by the cafe. 

"it's okay, I came with my bike" the brunette smiled, standing up from his blanket and packing his things. 

"that is okay, I can attach your bike to the back of my car. come on, before the waves reach us" the raven said, soon walking off up the sand, onto the grass and towards the car park. 

taehyung followed close behind him, not bothering to say no to a free ride. 

the ride was quite, the only sounds that were heard were of the music from the radio in the car. the first ten minutes of the ride was silent until it felt suffocating to jungkook. 

"so how are you liking it here so far?" the raven asked, eyes still trained on the road in front of him. 

"its a gorgeous area to live in, I wish I had lived here my whole life. the people are nice here" the brunette whispered, he looked towards taehyung who had no emotions over his face. jungkook tried to read a hint of anything but he found nothing. 

"are people not nice in seoul?" the question made taehyung chuckle, he shook his head slightly as he looked out the window. 

"a large city, crowded with people rushing to get everywhere. you get the odd people who are nice but besides that, everyone is rude or stuck up. a lot of the time people keep to themselves. 

"what about your school?" jungkook asked, suddenly wanting to get to know the male more. 

"just like an ordinary school. lots of different social groups" the brunette replied, soon noticing them pulling into the street he now currently lives on. 

"just here" he whispered, pointing to the curb as jungkook slows down and pulls onto the side of the street. 

"thank you for dropping me off" he said, turning to look at jungkook before he got out the car. the raven unbuckled his own seat belt and ran to the back of the car, getting taehyung's bike for him before the male could do so. 

"your welcome" jungkook whispered, watching as taehyung smiles slightly and rides his bike down the driveway.