in case you didn't know (i belong to you) | 2Seok

[Summary]

Seokjin and Hoseok's friends are certain that they're dating each other (they're not) and they decide to play along just to get them off their backs.

Fake dating Hoseok turns out to be an eye opener that Seokjin never expected.

Words: 10,254

~~~

One major thing about Seokjin and Hoseok's friendship is that they will and do constantly tease each other.

They come from the same college, from the same friend group, and while they don't have the most similarities in personality, they easily get along and understand each other– even at such an early point in their friendship. When they met, it was because Namjoon and Jimin had insisted on having their friend join them to hang out and Seokjin didn't mind at all. None of them did.

And they quickly grew fond of Jung Hoseok just like they were told they would. But Seokjin is very playful and easy to get along with, plus the empty seat that Hoseok had taken was by him, so Seokjin was persistent on helping Hoseok fit right in with them and he absolutely nailed it because he had Hoseok smiling and loosening up within the first few minutes.

After a few months of having Hoseok in their friend group, the two found themselves hanging out often and teasing each other often. Seokjin loves a good tease and Hoseok is always all giggles and loves to tease as well, especially on social media where he can use mischievous or sarcastic little emojis towards Seokjin.

They're all the time going at it with little remarks that make them smile and a pleased feeling settles over them each time they goof off.

"Hyung," Taehyung calls out from across the diner table. He's got the straw to his soda loose between his lips and his eyes set curiously on his phone, forgetting about the food he'd ordered. "You commented on Hoseokie hyung's photo and called him pretty like Cinderella."

Seokjin smiles a little, recalling his comment. "Yeah, what about it?"

Taehyung sips his drink and finally puts his phone down to take a bite of his cold noodles, ignoring Seokjin's question for a moment before finally shrugging.

"You guys are flirting a lot more online now, what if someone finds out you're dating?"

Now, since Seokjin is about to take a bite of his own noodles, he's glad he hadn't yet because he definitely would've been choking on them and embarrassing himself in public. Taehyung's sudden assumption draws his eyes wide and causes him to gape at the younger.

"Sorry, what? Hoseok and I? Dating? Where did you come up with something like that, Taehyung?" He tries to sound serious despite this whole deal being one big joke and despite the genuine curiosity in his voice as he asks. Taehyung cocks an eyebrow at him and looks back down at his phone.

"You two flirt all the time, hyung." He's whispering so that nobody but themselves can hear their conversation. "It's okay, we've all kept your secret for you, but why flirt so casually online if you don't want people to know? Someone may question it, you know."

Seokjin is completely bewildered by the confidence in Taehyung's words. "Taehyungie, Hoseok and I are not dating each other. You don't have to worry about our teasing. It's not flirting, we're just teasing each other is all."

Taehyung doesn't even look him in the eye as a smirk forms and he snickers as if to say yeah, right.

"Okay, hyung."

The tone in his voice and the way he wiggles his eyebrows playfully at Seokjin only lets Seokjin know that he doesn't believe him and that this is some sort of weird 'hiding a relationship' game for him– for all of their friends, apparently. He wonders if Hoseok knows about this speculation or if he's just as clueless as Seokjin was.