stay with me | jinkook

[Summary]

Jungkook and Seokjin have been friends since middle school. Jungkook didn't expect to fall in love with his best friend.

Words: 1,657

★★★★★

Jungkook and Seokjin are best friends. They have been since middle school, before life truly hit them.

Before Jungkook fell in love for the first time.

They were close at the beginning of middle school, then drifted apart for about a year and a half because of being split apart.

Jungkook never expected to start high school without Seokjin, but they still had the same friend group and by the time they were in their second year of high school, they finally got the time to reconnect again.

But this time, they were different.

They weren't small kids in middle school. They're full teens now and they've never looked better, in Jungkook's opinion. Their true beauty has sprouted into the young men by now (he thinks).

Seokjin is the most handsome person Jungkook knows and the entire school would agree. They'd agree that Seokjin's no longer the shy boy anymore, too.

He used to be shy and laugh quietly while covering his smile— even with his middle school best friend back then— but now Seokjin greets people with a big smile, talks to them, jokes around, and laughs loudly.

Jungkook was also shy back then and while he's totally grown out of it, he's nowhere near Seokjin's level; he's still introverted unlike Seokjin seems.

But the more he gets to know high-school-Seokjin, the more he realizes that Seokjin isn't all that different.

He still prefers staying at home to hang out, still turns red when the attention is on him, and still sits quietly and observes, but he acts a bit differently with strangers.

"You're so different now."

Seokjin lightly laughs and brushes off Jungkook's sudden statement. "I just like to see people smile more. The world's boring otherwise."

"But you made me smile even before now, hyung."

Seokjin lowers his drink and glances over at Jungkook. They're sitting at Seokjin's house, Jungkook comfortable on the couch he once used to fall asleep on sometimes in middle school.

He missed being here so much.

"I'm still me," Seokjin says. "Are you trying to gatekeep my ability to make people smile or something, Jungkook-ah?"

Jungkook doesn't react to his words, he merely gazes back at him as he rests his head back against the couch cushion.

"No."

Seokjin smiles knowingly for some reason, then scoots over until he's right next to Jungkook. He pulls the younger's legs up until he's draped over Seokjin's thighs and Seokjin nudges him until he's laying down on the couch.

"Take a nap, you dork." Seokjin forces a decorative pillow into Jungkook's arms and surprisingly, none of this is odd because it's exactly what Seokjin used to do— they used to sleep and forget about school and drama. "You're sleepy. I can tell. You're talking nonsense and your eyes give you away. They always do."

It's been a while since Jungkook has allowed himself to get so comfortable in Seokjin's presence and he's in awe that Seokjin can read him so well even after a few years. He even remembers that Jungkook likes to hug a pillow to sleep.