Forlorn | Taegikook

[Summary]

Jeon Jungkook is in love with his best friend. Every time he sees Yoongi his heart instantly warms like an oven, his chest feels all nice and cozy, he gets a tingling sensation and his smile feels like it's superglued onto his face. Every time he steps into the room, he can't help but feel it. Can't help but feel his heart melt for him. To feel happy.

But then Kim Taehyung comes into Yoongi's life. Cue heartbreak and regret.

Words: 12,427

~

  Jeon Jungkook, twenty years old but very much still a baby at heart and experience.

  For years and years, Jungkook has been in love with his best friend, Min Yoongi. He couldn't even bring himself to date anyone else because of his poor heart being saved for loving Yoongi. Many people have flirted with Yoongi or wanted to be with him, but Jungkook knows that Yoongi tries his best to keep all of that information away from him. Yoongi treats Jungkook like he's a baby. Like a younger brother who mustn't see a thing.

  His secret love for his best friend has that downfall; they're just friends.

  Jungkook also has many people after him or wanting him. Ever since high school, it had been such a problem for him, but he never once even glanced at anyone else. Well, except maybe one time, but after that one time, he realized that he was so terribly in love with his best friend that he decided to not even try to like anybody else again. And so, he's caught in a one-sided love with his best friend.

  He and Yoongi are both introverted, they both love music, both went to high school together and had been friends since middle school. There are so many things that Jungkook can love about Yoongi. The way he bites his nails when he's nervous or flustered. The exaggerated expressions he makes always make him look so much cuter in a way. And being cute, that's also a thing. Yoongi is so cute and so soft with his pale skin that has pink splotches all over it. His pink pouty lips and long, pretty eyelashes.

  Yoongi loves music. He doesn't go to school for it like Jungkook goes to school for filmmaking, but Yoongi does know quite a lot about music. His knowledge about such things makes it so fun for Jungkook to sit and enjoy random conversation all the time. Like when Yoongi hears good music on the radio or somewhere else, he never fails to explain to Jungkook about how amazing it is and explain in such great detail about why the music is blowing his mind so much.

  He's also a very comforting human to be around. When he and Jungkook first met, he was very quiet and not so open about his feelings. But then he started going to therapy for some reason. A reason that he never would explain, even if Jungkook was becoming his best friend. Jungkook respected him and didn't ever question him, but Jungkook still knew that he wanted to hug and hold Yoongi forever. After he chose therapy, he had become a lot more open with his feelings, though. And it made Jungkook want to be better.

  Even though he's introverted, Jungkook tries his best to hang out with Yoongi as much as he can. He never wants Yoongi to feel lonely. Never wants to leave him alone or make him feel like he's alone. It may go against both of their comfort zones, but at least neither of them ever feel too secluded because of it.

  They always have each other.

  It's normal for Jungkook to just walk into Yoongi's place like it's his own because of this wanting to be near Yoongi all the time. He basically lives there. He even sleeps in the little spare bedroom sometimes, and sometimes he just forces cuddles with Yoongi. Jungkook loves the cuddling, whether Yoongi denies them or not, he always ends up getting his way.

  And when Jungkook got his acceptance letter to the university he wanted to go to, he walked right into Yoongi's apartment, barging in with that big smile on his face that makes him look younger than he is. He spotted Yoongi in his normal spot on his couch and held up the letter with the smile growing even bigger.