💕 underlined in pink | jinkook

[Summary] (comm)

Jungkook is very studious, extremely shy, and loves to look pretty. Seokjin is the university jock, extremely hot, and he has a popularity status higher than Jungkook could ever imagine.

So what happens when the polar opposites are partnered together for a semester project?

Words: 8,195

~~~~~

Jungkook pushes the round edge of his glasses up on his nose as he looks into the mirror.

His freshly dyed peach hair is straightened over his ears, grown out just a tad because he thinks it looks pretty, his face looks soft from his moisturizer plus the dab of lip gloss that makes his lips become shiny, and the big white sweater that he's got tucked into his skinny jeans looks cute.

He looks cute for the first day of class.

Today, Jungkook will start his second year of university. He takes a quick picture of his outfit to send to his group chat with Namjoon and Yoongi– his two closest friends.

He'd met them when he first started university; they were in the nearby book store just when Jungkook had walked in and they all three happened to go for the same book that was released on that day.

It was quite funny, the way the tallest nearly trampled over the shortest to try and get the book first. But as soon as the two men started bickering, Jungkook realized that they were already friends, especially judging by the dimpled smile and the way the shorter man's laugh seemed like a normal occurrence.

"Namjoon-ah," the shortest smacked lightly at Namjoon's bicep, "you're in this person's way. You can't just pick up a book and start reading in front of someone else who wants to look!"

Namjoon took his gaze away from the book that he'd opened and turned around, his eyes meeting Jungkook's. Jungkook had told them, "No, no. It's okay! I totally get it. I've been waiting for this book to come out for so long now. He can read. I can wait."

But Namjoon moved out of the way and even picked the book off the shelf for Jungkook, holding it out to him.

"You like the series as well?"

And that's how he met his first two university friends– the two who would show him around and tell him the ins and outs and the way things go around here. They showed him nearly all he knows about their school.

So, he's excited to show them his cute outfit and tell them how he's so ready for classes to start today.

He gets his cute bag that's full of school supplies he'd recently bought more of and he makes his way out of his university apartment– he'd signed up for the apartments and ended up rooming with a random person, which happened to thankfully be Park Jimin; Jungkook is thankful to have such a fun and understanding roommate.

On his way to his first morning class, he stops by the shop for his usual coffee and feels so excited and pleased to be going to class again. He can't get enough of this feeling.

The way his heart races for the beginning of the semester, the new faces wandering on campus and excitedly talking to their group of friends, and just the pure fulfillment of feeling accomplished as Jungkook goes to learn more and more– he's always loved to learn things and he also loves how his parents are so proud of him and his accomplishments as well.

It's honestly fun.

School is a lot more enjoyable than what students give it credit for! Just because early alarms can get annoying sometimes and other students can be a pain in the ass, doesn't mean that learning for a good cause can't be fun to do. Jungkook is here to learn for his future. It should be a nice and fun experience, and he makes sure that it is.