lapful of crisis | sope

[Summary]

Yoongi sits on Hoseok's lap.

Hoseok has an internal crisis.

Words: 3,379

~~~

Hoseok and Yoongi have been friends for a little over a year now.

When Hoseok joined university with his best friend, Kim Namjoon, he was expecting to meet more people, to have fun, and to also wanna stick pencils in his eyeballs with the amount of work he'd have to do. Turns out, all of those expectations became true.

He and Namjoon both went for the entertainment route– Namjoon with producing music and Hoseok with dance. Namjoon met a few people in his class, but Hoseok had only consistently heard of his friend Min Yoongi at the time, and of course they met through Namjoon.

Yoongi breathes, eats, sleeps– lives– music production. He has an amazing ear for music. At first, he was a bit quiet, but now he's talkative and even pulls small pranks on Hoseok. His smile is gummy and cute. Hoseok loves his smile. And his laugh. Yoongi is also small, which is worthy of noting, Hoseok thinks.

Min Yoongi is a little ball of cute personality and cute appearance.

Min Yoongi is a great friend. One of Hoseok's best friends.

And...

Min Yoongi is sitting on Jung Hoseok's lap.

Now, Hoseok isn't entirely sure how it happens in terms of... why it was necessary. They're at their friend's party, which has people mingling everywhere and there's really no room to squeeze by and breathe for a moment or two. It's Seokjin's party; Seokjin only greets Hoseok and Yoongi momentarily, but then all of his attention is on Namjoon once he finally arrives.

The space around them is hot and Hoseok really doesn't want to sweat in his good shirt– his fancy and expensive shirt. But there's no room, bodies press up against him, and it's stuffy in here. Sweaty bodies dance around and nearly spill their drinks on Hoseok, which might just be worse than the sweating.

He tries to hide his grimace, but he hears a cackle coming from beside him, and he knows it's Yoongi's laugh because he sounds kind of like he's choking and he can imagine Yoongi's shoulders bouncing with amusement.

Hoseok turns to the sound and scrunches his nose once he realizes Yoongi is looking up at him, laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" he asks, eyes glaring unknowingly into Yoongi, but Yoongi doesn't care. "You don't like crowded rooms either. Laugh all you want, but you'd be the first to go missing in a sea of these seaweed dancers, you shorty."

Yoongi's lips part into a gasp. "Wow, I think that's the meanest thing you've ever said to me."

Hoseok grunts in disapproval, but his eyes immediately fixate on a woman who gets out of a chair, which is against the wall. It takes two wide steps before Hoseok successfully takes the seat. He smiles to himself, no longer irritated because at least he can sit down now.

"Rude," Yoongi states as he steps up to him, following. "You're supposed to let the potential missing shorty sit down first. Haven't you heard, I could easily be eaten up by this sea of seaweed dancers? Don't you care for your friend's well-being?"

The smile on Hoseok's face grows bigger as he laughs and he raises his hand to Yoongi's waist, hitting it playfully. "Hyung, you won't go missing. I was joking."

"You're still mean. You didn't even offer the chair."

Hoseok shrugs. "I'm sure there will be another one empty soon. Maybe tell Seokjinie to stop flirting with Namjoon and get us some extra chairs instead."