miracle of wine | yoonkook

[Summary]

It's winter break time for BTS and all Yoongi wants to do is relax with the chill weather and maybe visit a few places he's been dying to.

He, Jimin, and Jungkook plan to go to a winter lodge near a winery, which they plan to do some wine tasting at— except Jimin bails out last second. Yoongi and Jungkook are left alone at a winter lodge...

Yoongi and Jungkook get snowed in at a winter lodge.

Words: 8,790

~~~❄️~~~

It's winter.

During this season, BTS are usually doing awards shows and comeback performances. This season, however, they were granted such an amazing gift of being on winter break.

Yoongi would probably stay home if it weren't for the fact that he's been wanting to visit this one place for a while. It's a winery that's famous for the most tasty and finest of beverages– so of course, he wants to go and visit. It isn't too far away, either.

The last time he went to taste anything similar was with Jimin and Jungkook, and he obviously asked the others as well, but most of them already had plans and Jimin is always up for going places, always dragging Jungkook along, so the three plan to go together once again.

The winter air is chilly and Yoongi knows it's going to snow some where the winery is located. It's fine, though. He still asks the staff to book a lodge nearby because the three talked about how nice it would be to stay in one with the snowy aesthetics.

It's the night before they're supposed to head out and Yoongi has packed his things for the weekend.

Everything should go smoothly.

When he wakes up that next morning and drags his small suitcase out of his bedroom, he notices that Jungkook walks out of his room at the same time. Jimin is nowhere in sight.

Jungkook is wearing a deep purple sweater, some comfortable and loose pants, matched with a beanie to cover his ears from the cold. The sun only just set in, hardly warming any of the cold air, especially with the winter clouds occasionally passing by. He's dressed warmly, thankfully, Yoongi thinks. He doesn't want the maknae to be cold.

"Wanna take our things to the car?" Yoongi asks the youngest, who nods in return. Maybe it's too early for talking.

So, the two make their way to the car and stack their suitcases on top of each other. The three planned on taking the same car as well because it's plenty of room for them and they're going to the same place anyways. After they set their suitcases in, Yoongi and Jungkook get inside the car and get comfortable.

Yoongi plugs his phone in to charge because he accidentally forgot to last night and he sets his bottled drink in the holder beside him. He's ready for the ride.

Beside him, Jungkook sits.

He's talking to the staff, asking them to help him bluetooth his phone to the radio. The staff gave him a drink as well, but it's sitting in his lap and he looks just as ready as Yoongi is, even though Jimin hasn't showed up yet.

"Is Jimin on his way?" Yoongi interrupts, asking the staff lady who's sitting up front and next to the driver.

She shakes her head. "Jimin-ssi has a cold and told me he isn't coming. He said he didn't want to wake either of you up to mention it. Thanks for reminding me to tell you."

At the same time, Yoongi and Jungkook's mouths hang open as they ask, "What?" and then they turn to look at each other, completely puzzled by the fact that Jimin bailed out last second.