💕 yoonkook christmas loners

[drabble for my xmas comms]

——

Jungkook sighs as he looks outside his apartment window, big and wide just for him to see everything out there.

Couples holding hands, children excited for presents, snow falling prettily over the city, Christmas lights put around along with all sorts of other holiday decorations.

It's Christmas day and Jungkook is all alone, staring longingly outside.

He only recently moved into the city and he didn't want to bother any of his friends or ask them to spend Christmas with him just because he's lonely.

It isn't their fault that his family is cities away.

He can't help but sigh sadly as he watches all the families and couples stroll down the street, probably going to spend the holidays with family.

Even though he's playing Christmas music through his speaker, he can't help but rest his head against his window and frown as the songs mention how happy the holiday is.

Just as his shoulders drop low, a familiar face is walking up the street and Jungkook raises his head, in shock as he sees his friend Yoongi walking towards the apartment building.

He jumps up from the window and rushes towards his door to stick his eye up to the peephole.

Sure enough, Yoongi steps into the view of his door and Jungkook opens the door before Yoongi can even knock.

The first thing he sees is wide eyes.

"Yoongi hyung?"

Yoongi blinks a few times. "Um. Hi, Kook-ah. You sure answered the door fast."

"Why are you here?" Jungkook asks as he lets Yoongi inside. "It's Christmas, hyung. Shouldn't you be celebrating with family?"

They make their way into Jungkook's kitchen, where he offers Yoongi a drink and then they sit at the dining table just to talk.

"I already spent Christmas with my family. We do it early in the morning, so I'm here because you mentioned that you don't have anyone to spend the holidays with." Yoongi gives him a reassuring, kind smile, and he reaches into his pocket before pulling out something— "Winter tangerine?"

He holds up a tangerine and Jungkook smiles big and bunny-like as he takes the fruit.

Yoongi doesn't know it, but just being here has made Jungkook's day ten times better than it was minutes ago.

As he peels the tangerine, he lightly kicks at his friend's feet and eventually gives Yoongi half of the tangerine so they can share it.

"Everyone is spending today with their lovers and families, but I'm just stuck here alone. I have a poor excuse of a tree, too. It's sad."

Yoongi looks over at Jungkook's tree, which is decorated with gold ornaments and lovely white lights.

"Your tree is pretty," he tells Jungkook. "And I may not be... a lover... or family.. but we could watch Christmas movies or something to cheer you up..?"

Jungkook feels warm inside for so many reasons. He quickly accepts Yoongi's offer.

They make hot chocolate and curl up in Jungkook's living room with blankets as they turn on a Christmas movie, leaving only the Christmas tree lights on.

The day goes by and with each passing minute, the two get closer and closer on the couch, whether it be from laughing and shifting closer or if one of them stands up to do something and comes back only to sit closer. They end up with Jungkook's knees curled up into Yoongi and Yoongi with his arm draped over his legs.

Jungkook's day began with emptiness and yearning, but now he's ending it here in Yoongi's hold, smiling in content and with a full heart.

If he lays his head on Yoongi's shoulder and starts to fall asleep, it's because he's comfortable and feels nice in his hold.

Yoongi doesn't seem to mind or doesn't say anything. As Jungkook's eyes flutter closed and he becomes heavy against Yoongi's side, the older just lets him do his thing— and Jungkook may not know it now, but Yoongi sneakily presses a sweet little peck against his hair and smiles to himself, pleased to make Jungkook happy for Christmas.

~~~

uwu this was another drabble comm hehe they're cute