💕 what it's like to be free | jikook

[Summary]

Jimin's father pressures him into marrying someone he doesn't want to be with just for the money. He has to move to Seoul and be with a man he hardly likes.

However, the man that his father sends over to drive him to Seoul..? He's the type of man that Jimin wants to be with.

Words: 9,880

~~~~~

Jimin sighs longingly as he grazes his fingers over his belongings, which he most likely won't be seeing anymore after tonight.

He's lived in Busan all his life. Even when his father took on big companies and amazing deals in Seoul, Jimin stayed here in Busan with his grandmother. He didn't want to leave to go stay with his dad, but even now as he looks over his suitcase, it isn't packed for him to go to stay with his father. Instead, his clothes are packed for a trip to Seoul to be with his new fiancé.

"This is just crazy, Tae," Jimin complains into his phone as he tries to fit a few more of his precious accessories into his bag. The bag is filled with little items such as his lotions, chapstick, jewelry, his phone charger, and even a tiny handheld mirror. It's an expensive bag; everything he owns is similar to that. "Seoul is too far away and I hardly even like this guy. I've only met him a few times!"

Taehyung, his best friend, is on the other side of the call. He's been listening to Jimin complain for what only seems like two seconds to Jimin, but Taehyung already sighs right back at him. "Just tell your dad that you don't wanna get married to him. And you have people coming after you lately, right? It's too dangerous for you to be out on the roads."

It's true. People are always out to get Jimin because his father doesn't always do the most innocent deals or fairest negotiations, which leads to putting their lives in danger. Jimin hardly thinks that his father cares about that by now, because he's even trying to force Jimin to marry someone who very obviously only wants him for his money.

"Yeah, it is dangerous. Apparently I've got some sort of guard as my driver..? Dad's making me go alone with this guy so we can stay on the low. But what if he's bad too?" He whines his last sentence and then groans out, "I wish you would just kidnap me or something. Nobody would know."

"I would!" Taehyung immediately responds.

Taehyung is Jimin's best friend from their early years of college, but he transferred to Daegu and left Jimin to himself. Left to be alone in Busan once again. Jimin would seriously be down to be "kidnapped" by Taehyung, but he isn't sure that it would happen so easily.

He doesn't have the right push just yet; if only he had one little thing to push him over the edge, he'd be right in Daegu with his best friend to live happily ever after.

However...

"Right. I've gotta go now, Tae. This bodyguard's waiting for me outside. If I don't go now, I might just end up staying." He wishes it was true. He wishes he could simply stand his ground and stay here, but he can't. "I'll talk to you when I get to Seoul, okay?"

Taehyung tries to convince him once more to just come live with him so he can find himself a place in Daegu, but he ends up losing the battle and Jimin ends up taking his few belongings towards the elevator of the apartments, leaving his home for good.