Experiment | Namseok

[Summary]

Namjoon, Hoseok's best friend, wants to experiment. Hoseok offers himself.

🔞

Words: 3,416

~

  Hoseok shifted on his bed, legs crisscrossing as he pressed his back into the headboard. He and his best friend usually do this every Thursday; they settle on Hoseok's bed and study for their big exams coming up. It was Namjoon's idea to start doing so, wanting to make sure he and his best friend gets decent grades— he forces Hoseok to study.

  "Did you get the notes in class today?" Namjoon asked, flipping through his notebook paper with an anxious bite to his lip.

  He had been looking through his binder for about ten minutes now, Hoseok merely watching as his friend went through a mini-crisis, trying to search for his notes. Hoseok shook his head with a sigh as he leaned forward and grabbed the binder from Namjoon. He does this sometimes, always overlooking and missing pages. So when Hoseok pulled out a piece of notebook paper that was piled with a bunch of others, Namjoon's eyes magnified.

  "Yes!" He took the paper right out of Hoseok's hand, holding it in the air with pure joy on his face. "I don't have to rewrite them!"

  Hoseok rolled his eyes as he laid back onto the headboard again. "Every time."

  Namjoon smiled bashfully back at him. "Thanks for finding it," he said as he closed the binder. He leaned back with Hoseok, putting his thick black glasses on and squinting down at the paper, his handwriting sloppy. Hoseok always liked Namjoon's writing. So messy, yet effortlessly pretty.

  He looked back down at his history book, jotting down his own notes down still. Namjoon writes without care, but Hoseok likes his notes to be fine and neat. Different colored pens, highlighted sentences, bulleted points, and even side notes sometimes. It always takes him longer to put down notes, but that's the way he can study the best. Plus, it always helps Namjoon as well. Whatever Namjoon doesn't have bulleted, Hoseok can help find.

  "You know," Namjoon started, holding his paper in Hoseok's direction to catch his attention as if his low, rough voice wasn't enough to do so. "Dionysus, the guy we're learning about, I've already known about him for a while," he told Hoseok.

  Hoseok looked up at him, their shoulders pressed together to keep their faces hardly inches apart. "You telling me that you don't even need to study?" he asked.

  Namjoon shook his head. "I can always study," he said, pressing his leg into Hoseok's, his skin on his. They were both wearing shorts, both cramped on the bed as usual. It's just something that has become normal with them. "I can help you, too." Namjoon smiled.

  "I'm still writing my notes."

  "You won't even need your notes," Namjoon said optimistically. The smaller of the two shook his head, opening a highlighter to mark a word. "I'm serious." Namjoon was more determined now. "You can ask me anything about this entire chapter we're testing on. I know everything," he said.

  Hoseok sighed at his best friend as he closed his marker and put it in the crease of his history book before closing it. He snatched Namjoon's notes from him and put both of them on the bed in front of him.

  "No cheating," he said as he turned to Namjoon. He scooted forward, crossing his legs as he turned towards the head of the bed, looking right at Namjoon. Namjoon crossed his legs as well, sitting up and ready to be quizzed by his friend. "Who is Thyrsus?"

  Namjoon chuckled. "Thyrsus isn't a person," he stated. "I'm pretty sure that's a staff."

  "Pretty sure," Hoseok repeated. "So you're not a million percent positive?"