💕 fate chose us | jinkook

[Summary] (com work)

Seokjin had never been captivated by someone before— not until Jeon Jungkook came in and stole the breath right from him. He'd never met someone quite like Jeon Jungkook.

Captivated would be an understatement.

Words: 6,332

commission by anon!!! i hope you enjoy! 💕🌸 thanks so much 🥺

❗️PS // seokjin lies about his sexuality in this fic (not in the way you're thinking) so if it's a sensitive topic to you then i suggest clicking away  🏃❗️

~~~~~

This was Seokjin's fresh new start.

He moved boxes of his stuff into his new apartment near the university campus, he bought a few new outfits to look fresh and nice, and he even set up his desk all prettily so that he'd be more inspired to study hard. This was his new start:

College.

His apartment wasn't too far away from campus and it was cheap— just a small little home for him. He absolutely loved it. Cute little bedroom with his bed next to his window and a desk on the opposite side of the room, a nice kitchen that had his very own fridge and was attached to his open living room, which had a small couch and a bookshelf just for his... books.

The apartment wasn't in one of those huge or tall buildings. Instead, it was in a two-story building that was shaped like an L and the doors were outside— kind of like a motel. It was nothing fancy, but it was something Seokjin adored. It was less suffocating and not as overwhelming as a big city apartment would be.

He loved it. His fresh new start.

It's not that he necessarily needed a new start, but to move out on his own and to feel accomplished by simply going to school for his future wellbeing, he felt like he was on a good path for once. He felt self-assured now.

His parents hugged him a million times before he left and it made Seokjin feel a bit awkward, yet happy. The one thing Seokjin wanted to do was make his parents proud. They'd done so much for him and he wanted to do lots in return.

His parents.

They had adopted him years ago and Seokjin would never once miss the chance to suck up to them and be the bestest boy he could be. Seokjin was the perfect son and he made sure of it— his brother was the same exact way. They had both been adopted by the happy couple and they silently agreed to each other that they were going to make them proud no matter what.

That's also unsurprisingly how the two brothers got caught up in a bunch of lies and humiliating confessions, though.

You see— they made it awkward for themselves. Their parents are both men, the happy couple who gladly took them in. And somehow, in some way, both Seokjin and his brother Soobin had gone along with their various questions and teases, and— Seokjin and Soobin somehow ended up being such good sons that they ended up lying about their sexuality to make their parents proud.

Their parents had been talking with them about sexualities and asked the boys how they felt about it and told them if they ever wanted to experiment that it was okay. It was Seokjin's big mouth that told them, "Oh, we already have. Don't worry about that," and the couple asked him if he was straight, gay, bisexual—

Seokjin perhaps messed up.

"I- Uh. I'm bisexual..?"

Seokjin was straight.