52

-5 days later-
LUCY:
It's Wednesday today, the boys have made excellent progress. The team have their first match on Saturday, I'm hoping to assess Ben and Dec today as I might be able to get them back to training in time for the match, I don't think I can clear them for full match time but maybe half, I haven't told them this and I won't tell them until Saturday even if they are cleared for training today.
It's been a very long 5 days, I've done 3 hours of physio sessions and 3 hours of hydrotherapy sessions each day, typing up progress reports for them both daily.
It's 8:50, like usual for the last 5 days, both boys are outside my room. As they come in I'm grinning. "Why are you so happy Luce?" Ben asks and I reply "I'm glad you asked, today I am going to be assessing you both as I think you may be ready to return to training. If I can get you cleared you may be able to join in with the boys this afternoon, but nothing too serious straight away." They both run to hug me and thank me.
By 11:45, they're both cleared for training with the promise they keep a support on. They both tell me when we head to the pitch they're going to look straight faced as none of the boys think they're getting assessed today.
We walk on to the pitch and the boys are just finishing up for lunch, as Gareth is going through this afternoons session, he stops and says "you okay Lucy?" I nod "I'm returning these 2 boys back to training, they're all cleared, taking it easy today but from tomorrow back in full training as long as the supports are worn." The others all cheer and run to hug them. Gareth says to join them for the talk as I head back to my room. I could've waited for the boys for lunch but I wanted to get started on the paper work and the end of treatment report for them both.
Soon I see my door open, Mason comes in with a tray of food. "Hey baby, what's this?" He smiles "it was clear you weren't coming to lunch as you wanted to get your work finished, and I've not seen you much so I've made us a lunch date" i smile at how romantic and lovely that is. As he puts the tray down I pull him in for a kiss, "thank you baby and I'm really sorry." He pulls away confused so I continue "I've barely seen you this week, and when I've been at home I've been so tired I've neglected us, we haven't had any us time." He immediately engulfs me into a cuddle "baby, you've been working so hard here everyday, the your up during the night with Frankie and her feeds. Your going to be shattered. I should be apologising as I should be doing more to help, every night it's you that's up with Frankie, I always want to do it but I just never wake up." I kiss him again and smile "as much as the lack of sleep and long days here is exhausting, I enjoy the night feeds with Frankie as it's time and cuddles with her that I can have that I miss out on." We enjoy our lunch and at 1:30pm, Mason says goodbye, and I tell him to make sure Dec and Ben don't over do it.
-3 days later- Match Day!
Today is match day, I'm in the physio room at the stadium and I'm finishing up the the medicals and clearing them all for playing. I call in Ben and Dec at the same time. They expect red pass as I told them at the beginning game time would be unlikely, I've cleared them both for 45minutes, as they sit down I hand them both an orange card. They both look up shocked and wide eyed "we get 45 minutes of play" I smile and nod "with a knee support only though" they both jump up and hug me. I make sure they're supports are on and they run down to the changing rooms to show the lads and give it to Gareth.
I head to the pitch side with the lads, we've got some temporary medics with us as ours are still out sick. I have my bag ready and watch them all warm up. As they head back into the tunnel, Mason winks snd blows a kiss to me.
The game begins and I watch on and smile as this is exactly where I belong. I see Saka score a great goal assisted by Emile. I jump up and cheer as it puts England in the lead. The winning continues as at the 43rd minute Harry Kane scores and makes the score 2-0 by the time the half time whistle blows. As they all come off Gareth says "Johns limping, can you see to him please." I nod and as they get to the tunnel I say "Stones come with me please." He looks up shocked and I add "we saw you limping, I just want to check you over." He nods and follows me to the medical room. "It's my ankle Luce" he says and I nod removing his boot and sock, I see it red and bruised. After checking it over I strap it with support tape and he says "can I continue playing?" I smile and nod "for now yes, if we notice you struggling you'll have to come off." He nods and agrees. He heads back to the dressing room.
I head back out pitch side, as I come out I look up and see Lauren, Debbie and Tony with Frankie. I smile and wave, excited with today being her first England match. As the boys come out I point up to Frankie when Mason comes out, he grins and waves. The other lads all smile too seeing her, Dec looks confused as he comes out to the bench, I laugh and point up and he grins he says "I've really got to get on now I know Frankie's here. Uncle Decs got to play at her first match." I smile and we chat, at the 50th minute Dec gets subbed on and he's so excited, Madders comes off and as he comes to sit down he says "I see we have a special supporter in the stands." I nod and smile "her first England game."
The match finishes 3-0 with Mason scoring the third goal at the 82nd minute, assisted by Dec. I am so proud of him and I know just how much it means to them both achieving that on Frankie's first match even though she has no idea what's going on.
They come off the pitch and Mason runs to hug me. ""Good goal baby" I say and he grins "I scored and Frankie was here too." He says and I just know it means the world to him.