50

-The next day-
LUCY:
My meeting with Gareth was a success yesterday, we spoke about the players I had slight concern with especially after my conversation with Emile, we've put everything in place for the players. Luckily I should have an easier day today. I walk in hand in hand with Mason, we say our hellos then Gareth comes up to me and says "We've got a slight issue Lucy." he looks quite worried so I say "what's wrong?" I'm now concerned, he says "you know the medics went out for lunch yesterday, they all got food poisoning so you're the only medic here for the next couple of days." I smile "that's okay, I got everything done yesterday, I'll have my bag ready at all times just in case." He looks more relieved knowing I'm okay with that. I look at the other lads and say "Let's try and keep it with no injuries boys please." They all laugh and nod "As it's for you Luce" Jack says.
It's now 11am, I'm in my office and all of a sudden a from Gareth comes through the radio. "Lucy we need you on the pitch asap" I radio back that I'm coming now, I grab my bag and run down to the pitch, as the pitch comes into sight I see both Ben and Declan on the floor. "What's happened?" I ask and Gareth explains they were playing a match and both went for the ball and ended up badly tackling each other. I see Ben holding his knee, the same one he injured last time. I see Dec holding his leg too. I crouch down and say "I've got you both okay. You both trust me, yeah?" They both nod and Ben says "more than anyone." Dec says "I trust you Luce".
I make sure they can both hop, then say "Mase, Jack, Mads and Hendo, you are being the crutches. Mase and Jack with Dec, Mads and Hendo with Ben, let's get them to my room. Gareth, these 4 will be back with you in about 10 minutes, and I'll have a plan for each of these by the end of the day." He smiles "Okay Lucy, come find me when you know."
The boys are in my room, Dec is crying so is Ben, "Boys please don't cry you'll make me cry." I say and Dec says "I'm so sorry Chilly, I feel terrible." Ben offers a small smile and says "don't apologise Dec, I'm sorry for tackling you too. I feel well bad that I injured you." I smile and say "how about we get you both sorted and back ready for matches." They both look up and smile as Ben says "do you think I can?" I hold his hand and say "we didn't work for 16 weeks to get you back on the pitch for you to not play now. I don't know if you two are aware but my skills are award winning." They both laugh and Dec says "can you tell Loz please" I smile and hug him, "let's see where we're at and have a plan then tell her once we know everything.
3 hours later, I've assessed both boys and Ben says "so how bad are we?" I smile "I can get you both back playing within this time, Ben yours isn't that serious, it just hurt a lot more because of the old injury but you will have to wear a support, no training while you have a week plus a week of physiotherapy and hydrotherapy. Dec, yours is strained and bruised, again same for you wear a support, no training for a week, physio and hydrotherapy and in a week I'll reassess you and you both should be okay to join back to training, you may unfortunately miss the first game or not get full game time but depends on how you heal. Does that sound okay to you boys?" They both nod and Dec says "a week of physio and hydrotherapy does that mean you're taking no days off again?" I smile and nod "don't worry about me let's get you back on the pitch, now Deccers use my phone and let Loz know. And Chilly, is Jack staying with you for these 6 weeks?" He nods "yeah as Sasha's away so he'd be lonely." I smile "that's good as it means he can keep an eye on you to make sure you're taking it easy, you can do normal activities but no over doing it." He smiles and thanks me.
Both boys decide to stay with me while I type their reports and plans for the week up to take to Gareth.
By 3:20pm, I'm all done, the boys are strapped up and we decide to head down to the pitch to speak to Gareth. I haven't given the boys crutches as they do need to keep walking as it's not a major injury it's just muscular strain and bruising. As I'm leaving the room my radio goes off and it's Gareth saying I'm needed. "Come on boys, let's get down there and see what's happened now?"
I get to the pitch and see Mason and Jordan holding their noses which are bleeding, I walk over and hand them both cloths to hold for the blood. "What happened here?" Jack says "they both went to header the ball and ended up heading each other." I laugh and roll my eyes. "Let's get you both cleaned up. Come with me boys" they both stand up and start heading off the pitch, I look over to Gareth and say "I'll give you the plans after this but no training for them 2 for a week." I say pointing at Dec and Ben. He nods and says he'll come to my office after the session finishes.
Back in my room, the boys noses have stopped bleeding, they haven't broken them but they've got to wait for 20 minutes to make sure they don't start bleeding again. "You boys like to have all the injuries while I'm the only medic don't you" I say laughing and Mason says "I'm sorry baby, we didn't plan it." I laugh "I'm glad to hear that, you're lucky there won't be a bruise as we've got family dinner with your parents, Dec and Loz tonight" Jordan laughs loudly "Decs coming to family dinner" I nod "he's an adopted Mount child." We all laugh and soon I tell both boys to head down to change but no more playing for the rest of the day. Luckily, the session has finished and the boys are all getting changed and have a meeting with a couple of the coaches to go over upcoming sessions.
At 4pm my door knocks, Gareth comes in and says "you've had a busy day Lucy, they like to keep you on your feet." I laugh "my week doesn't get any less busy unfortunately." I explain the plans for Dec and Ben, I explain that after a week I'll assess again but I'm confident they'll be okay after that. He signs them reports and agrees with the plans. I then say "I also need you to sign these 2 forms for Mason and Jordan as they received treatment today but they're fine to be back training tomorrow." He smiles and signs them, thanking me for what I've done today and tells me to enjoy my evening.