48

-The next day-
LUCY:
We've arrived back at work, I spoke to Mason yesterday after work about how I was feeling and I apologised for snapping at him which he told me I didn't need to apologise as it was just an overwhelming day for me. He was so understanding, all 4 of us ate dinner together and celebrated our first day back. Lauren was so happy with her day with Frankie and said she can't wait for the rest of them.
It's 9am, and I should've had 3 of the midfielders up at my room 15 minutes ago, I look out the window and see them on the field with the others which means they've forgotten. Worst part of this is that the 3 are Declan, Mason and Conor, as I walk downstairs laughing at how my boyfriend and brother have forgotten they were meant to come see me and Conor's no better as I see him lots during league time as he plays with Mason at Chelsea. Gareth has them all in a group, I walk onto the pitch and yell "Mount, Rice and Gallagher. Did you just think to forget about coming to see me 20 minutes ago!" The other boys all laugh as the embarrassed 3 boys, run over very apologetic, as we walk away I hear Gareth shout "Mount, I thought you'd be there 10 minutes early knowing it's your girl." We all laugh. "Babe, I'm so sorry I forgot." Mason says as Dec adds "I'm sorry too Luce, I didn't realise the time." Then Conor says "I'm sorry, I'll bring you in some of the biscuits you like of mine tomorrow to make up for it." I smile and laugh "at least Conor offers me something to make up for it." They laugh as Mason says "I can offer you'd something but not sure you wanted me to say it in front of the boys." I burst out laughing as Dec laughs and says "Lad stop, Luce is like a little sister to me I don't need to hear that." We get to the room and I say "come on Conor, let's get you done first I think it may be a long while with them 2. As we walk in the room Mason says "we heard you, you know" I laugh "you were meant to baby." I close the door and we get started. 25 minutes later, Conor's all cleared for training, and says he's heading back down to the pitch. I walk out at the 2 boys grinning at me. "Who's going first?" They both just grin so I add "are you both coming in together?" They laugh and shrug "we might as well as we'd only wait for each other." I laugh and roll my eyes. Then say "which one of you wants to be a hero and go to the supply cupboard at the end of the corridor and get more paper and a roll of tissue, Dec jumps up and says "I'll go as I'm the only one left with making up to do." We laugh, Mason and I head inside, as I close the door Mason pushes me up against the wall kissing me. He pulls away and says "had to be done it's like tradition every time I come in here" I laugh and as I sit down say "and I thought it was just because you love me." He nods "you know I do gorgeous girl." The door opens and Dec skips in with the supplies.
"Dec, you're going first." I say as I get my notepad out, he the says "you know all of this though" I laugh "I still have to do it. But I'll fill out the ones I can without going through them." He nods and we get on with it, 20 minutes later he's all cleared and it's down to Mason. After filling the form out, I assess him then say "babe, where the fuck is this bruise from?" He says "where?" I sigh and point to the big bruise on his ankle. He laughs "that must be from the match we played against each other yesterday, one of the boys tackled me." I roll my eyes and smile "next time tell me if you've been tackled, it would have been the studs which caused that, I could've put cream on it to help fasten the healing of the bruise." He shrugs and says "you can still clear me right?" I laugh "yes, it's a bruise babe, not like your leg is hanging off." They both laugh, as we walk out Dec says "you eating lunch with us today?" I shake my head "unfortunately not, I've got 2 of yesterdays assessments to type up, and it'll be 5 from this morning." They smile and Mason says "we'll see you when you get your lunch though" I nod and laugh.
We get back outside, Mason kisses me before running to join the others "Hendo and Little J, let's go" they laugh as Jude comes over and says "we're back to little J now?" I nod and laugh "oh yeah, it's okay I've got nicknames for all 3 of you little babies." Hendo laughs as Jude tried saying their not babies.
Judes assessment is over in 35 minutes and he's cleared, it's now 11am.
I get to my door and say "come on Hendo." He laughs and we start his assessment, while we're chatting he says "oh Bex told me to tell you to text her about organising a girls night out." I grin "I'll message her at lunch, that sounds perfect, I think I'll need one during this 6 weeks." He laughs "let's just hope we don't get any injuries in the matches." I laugh "I'm already prepared for a very busy 6 weeks" he laughs "am I cleared Luce?" I nod "yeah, but we'll keep an eye on your knee." He nods and we head down to the pitch.
When we're on the pitch, they're all finished ready to head to lunch, I say to Gareth "can I have the boy's attention for a minute please" he nods and all the boys look at me "right, 1:45pm can I have Harry, Raheem and Marcus outside my room please?" They all say yes and Harry says "we'll make sure we actually remember Luce." I laugh "thanks Haz." I turn to leave and I get told they're all on lunch now.

After lunch, I get most of my forms typed up, I have 2 left and I start to see the other 3 who are all outside on time. By 3.20 they're all cleared as Harry goes to leave, I say "can you tell Gareth, I'll finish the rest tomorrow. I'm going to type the rest of todays forms up." He smiles "course Luce, thanks for clearing me." I laugh "We can't be playing without our captain now can we." He laugh as he leaves me to typing the forms. While I'm doing it my phone pings and it's a message from Lauren. I instantly worry and open the message.
Loz💖
Hey mummy, we thought we'd
send you a picture of me being
happy and smiling to make you
smile today. I love you lots
mummy, you are amazing💖 Xxx

Aww, that's the most adorable photo ever, thank you so much

photo ever, thank you so much.
I love you too Frankie❤️ Thanks Loz,
this really means the world to me.

I sit and grin at the beautiful photo of my daughter and realise how lucky I am.