26

Lucy POV:
The days finally over, it's been a long day of meetings and paperwork. The only break I had was my sessions with Jack. Ive not eaten and hardly drink anything today as I've been so busy, I feel sick and have a headache. I see Mason waiting for me, he runs up to me with Dec following him. "Luce, baby sit down you don't look well" I smile "I'm okay, just not eaten today" his eyes widen, "Luce, it's 4:45pm, you had breakfast at 7am this morning that's nearly 10hours of eating nothing, plus your bottle is still full so you clearly haven't drink much either." I look at the floor and quietly say "sorry, I've just been really busy, I'll eat when we get home" he lets out a breath and hugs me tight "I just worry that's all" I smile as he puts his arms around me to help me walk.
We arrive home and as soon as I get in the front room, Mason tells me to sit down on the sofa and hands me my water bottle. "Drink some of this, I'm going to make you a tea and bring you in some food as a snack then we can order Nandos" I smile gratefully and drink the water. I did it realise how thirsty I was until is started drinking.
-2 days later-
I'm at work and i hear a knock on my door, "come in" I shout and in walks Mason. "Hey baby" I say and he grins kissing me. "Hey you, I came to make sure you had lunch with you" I smile and nod "yeah I do, I'm just about to eat it" he's been so protective over the last 2 days as on Monday I ended up feeling so ill.
Once I've finished lunch, I head to where the lads are and say "Jack, let's go" he grins as today is when I can assess him to go back to training. We get to the room and I make sure to check everything, after about 20 minutes I say "right, I can clear you for training. You will have to keep the ankle strapped when training. Everyday after training, you'll have to come and see me for me to apply the muscle rub on the ankle. This will be to ease any acne there may be from using it especially the next couple of days. As long as you don't do too much too quickly and that the ankle doesn't cause you too much pain when training, I'm sure you'll be able to play in the final." He hugs me and kisses my cheek "Luce, thank you so much" I smile then say "but I mean it Grealish, no lying to me just because you want to play, if it's hurts too much you have to come to me." He nods and says "I will I promise, will I have to have it strapped on match day." I nod and then say "I'll strap it on match day as a precaution. It's the only way I'm letting you on that pitch" he laughs and agrees.
I fill in his paperwork and we both head down to the pitch to meet the others. They're all talking to Gareth, they all stop and look as we walk towards them, I get closer then say "as from tomorrow Jack is allowed back to training." They all cheer as he grins hugging the boys.
I head back upstairs to get myself ready to leave for the day.
-5days later- FINAL DAY!!
Today is the day, everyone is so nervous yet excited. We're all having breakfast together this morning and James stands up, with Mase, Dec, Jack and Ben. James says "we got a few words to say, we're not gonna be overly sentimental but we just want to thank Lucy for everything. Luce, you've been amazing this whole tournament, you got me through the worst part of my life, you got me back on that pitch and you also saved my relationship. You were there for me in my darkest days and you worked so hard to get me back playing." I have tears then Ben says "Lucy, you've not only been an amazing physio to us all and made sure we're all okay, you've been an amazing supporter, a friend, a sister. You're there for us in all ways, it might not always be a physical problem but we can come to you." I can't stop crying it's all so lovely. Jack continues "Luce, I know I've been one of the regulars in your room, but each time I'm there you're reassuring and I trust you fully, whether it's a nasty foul during a game which you're following up in or a full blown injury you care, you have a plan and always do what's best for us, even if at the time we may not see it. You see what we need, a lot of the time before we even know. What we're trying to say is we love having you as part of our England team, you're the best physio and friend we could ask for." Im honestly overwhelmed by the kindness, then Dec starts "I gained you as a sister Luce, which means like the rest of these lads when we have a injury or problem, we're contacting you even if we're at our clubs" the lads all cheer and agree making me laugh, he continues "You're part of the glue that keeps us together, we've had some difficult injury battles this tournament which many Physio's or medical staff would've signed the players off for the rest of the tournament but you saw how much this means to us and made sure you didn't give up on us. You worked long hours, no days off and always had a plan. We have a good reason that we've come together to make this speech about how grateful we are and that's because..." he stops and Mason stands forward and says "it's because we all put forward how great you've been in helping us through this tournament, Gareth and other staff wrote about you and how amazing you are and we entered you into the European Sports Awards, into the category for Best Medical support, and you won! They agreed that you are the best out off the teams in this competition, what you've achieved and how you've helped us all, making sure we all get back in the pitch after an injury. You're the best physio in the euros" Everyone cheers as Gareth hands me a trophy. I can't stop crying. "Thank you all so much, I can't believe this. I do what I do because I love it, I love all of you guys so much and I love seeing you all in the pitch and I know that's where you're all meant to be and as long as I'm around I'll make sure you stay there. Even if that means you all calling or coming to see me during league games. I don't mind, I'll help you all whenever you need it." They all hugs me and congratulate me. Then Mason says "plus baby, we're all going on holiday in 4 days.." I look shocked and they all giggle. "You ain't getting rid of us that easy, you get us for another week and half, but the girls will be there too." Ben says and I grin "I can't wait, thank you so much" I kiss Mason and give him a cuddle.
Instagram

Lucy_T: This morning the lads presented me with this amazing award

Lucy_T: This morning the lads presented me with this amazing award. I won the European Sport Awards for Best Medical Support🥹🥰
I do this job because I love it, I love helping the boys and seeing them be able to do what they all love and are amazing at. Never ever, did I expect to get this.
Thank you all who put me forward. It's an amazing surprise and an absolute honour to win.❤️
Now time for you boys to bring home the trophy too🙌🏼 I love each and every one of you boys and am so proud of how far you've come. You're all at the final hurdle now, you can do this😘🙌🏼
But please all remember... Win or lose today, the whole country is proud of you, all of us here at EnglandFC are proud of you and you should all be proud of yourselves❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿❤️ @EnglandFC
75k likes
User turned comments off