18

Saturday- Last group stage match
Lucy POV:
Like usual on a Saturday, my main focus is my one to ones with the lads. Over the last couple of days there's been a few worries with a couple of the other lads too.
I call in Kyle, "Hey Lucy, how are you?" He asks and I smile "I'm good thank you Kyle. Is there anything I should know about?" He nods and says "my knee has been playing up, well it's once I've stopped playing." I check it and apply the muscle rub and a support strapping. "I think it's just a case of over working the muscles. I've strapped it as you'll find it's the leg you put most reliant on. Your fine to play but I'll check in again at half time, any discomfort or pain, I'll bring you off as we don't want a serious injury. Is that a good plan?" He smiles and nods. I sign his paper noting down what I've done and said. I also hand him a green card that he has to hand to Gareth to say I've cleared him to play.
After a few more lads, next is Ben. "Come on Chilly" he skips in "I'm taking it no aches, pains or injuries?" He laughs "of course not Luce" I laugh as he said it in a childish voice. "Here's your green card and you're all good to go" he hugs me "thank you." As he leaves I say "come on Grealish" he walks in smiling. "Remember our deal for today Jack" he nods showing me he's wearing the support shorts. I laugh "thanks for that J, telling me would've been fine." We both laugh, I assess his thigh and then hand him an orange card, he looks confused. "You take this to Gareth, orange means your clear to play but not a full game, like we discussed Wednesday. I'm going to put 45minutes on it, meaning you can play a half. Is that okay?" He smiles "yeah course it is. Thanks Luce" he runs our happy. I've only got Mase, Dec and Madders left. Even though James is signed off unfortunately he has to attend, I call him in. As he walks in he seems happier in himself a bit today. "Mads, I'm sorry you have to go through this." I say and he shrugs "do I get a red card to take with me" I nod "yeah unfortunately but I'm hoping that will soon change to at least orange. How are you doing?" He smiles "I'm doing better, I'm getting around without the crutches, doing the exercises at home." I say "don't worry, it will all be worth it. You're doing great, tell you what, save me a seat next to you and I'll come sit with you to watch the game, I've told all the lads I don't want no injuries today." He laughs as he takes his card and says he'll see me soon.
I go to the door, "which one of you are next?" They both laugh "or you coming in together?" They both jump up and run in, Mason stops at the door to kiss me. "I've barely seen you at work today, well I've barely seen you at work or home all week to be honest." I shrug and smile "sorry baby, it's been a busy week. Unfortunately it doesn't get any less busy, I'm only half day tomorrow. I should be home by about 1/1:30pm." He looks up at me then Dec says "tomorrow is Sunday, we have the day off" I laugh "you lads do, but I'm in work for the next two Sundays" then Mason says "oh yeah, Madders was saying he's got a physio and hydrotherapy session with you tomorrow." I nod then say "anyway, anything I should know about? Dec how's the groin?" They both smile Dec says "no pain at all, I'm wearing the support." Then Mason says "no problems here babe" I smile and sign their green cards handing them to them both. "Give these to Gareth, it means I've cleared you to play. Declan, any discomfort or pain during the match and I'll get you off as we don't want you going backwards. And I'll check in at half time. I don't want you to lie to me." He agrees and says he'll give me and Mason a minute. I pull Mase in for a kiss, "good luck baby, Im sorry we haven't seen much of each other. I love you" he smiles "I love you too and it's okay, I get your busy."
The boys headed down a little while ago, I got what I needed and met them pitch side, handing the paperwork to Gareth. I take my seat next to Madders and we watch the game. We win 2-0, meaning England are through group stages and into knock outs.
-The next day-
It's 7:30am, I've just left Masons, he's still asleep, probably hungover as him and the boys went out celebrating last night and he didn't get back until 3:30 this morning, very loud and drunk. Obviously I had work this morning and I'm picking Madders up on the way, this week I've been taking one of Masons cars to work as I've been so busy, I've been finishing a lot later than him.
I arrive at James and Kennedys house and knock, Kenz answers the door, "hey girl you okay?" She says and I hug her "hey Kenz, yeah I'm good, just tired Mason got in at 3:30 this morning" she laughs "celebrating hard i take it." I laugh too "yeah well right now he can piss right off, he came in drunk and was so loud when he came and woke me up, he literally woke me up to tell me about his night" we carry on talking about how we've been and then I see James "am I late Lucy?" I laugh "no I'm early, we're making a coffee stop on the way, I need it" he laughs then says "come on then, I'm buying" I shake my head "no it's okay" then Kennedy adds "let him, it's the least we can do for how much help and support you've given him and getting him back on the pitch is priceless."
We arrive at work, it's really quiet without the other lads but it's nice considering. "Right James, 2 hours physio first then we'll have a break and go through the paper work, talk about what happens tomorrow for the mid progress assessment then Hydrotherapy for 1hour, I should have you home by 2/2:30pm, is that a good plan to you?" He grins "perfect. Thank you again Luce, I know it's your day off." I laugh "Masons in the dog house right now so I prefer to be at work." While we do the physio, I explain what Mason done and we have a laugh. By 10:30, we've just stopped for the break and my phone rings, it's Mason. I answer quickly as we're on the break.
Mase❤️
L-Hey
M-Hey baby, you okay?
L-No not really Mase
M-What do you mean not really?
L-Coming in drunk at 3:30am and waking me up when my alarm goes off at 6:15am. Then I had to clean your sick up. What's wrong anyway?
M-I just called to say Hi to you, I'm sorry about all that.
L-Okay, we'll talk when I'm back. I've got to get back to work.
M-Sorry if I'm keeping you from your time with James....
L-I don't know what you're trying to insinuate with that comment but just stop. I'll be home by 3 latest, we'll talk then as right now after that comment I don't want to talk to you. Goodbye.

I hang up and James says "I'm so sorry" I look at him confused, "what are you apologising for, Masons being a dick" he says "you've barely seen him as you've been so busy and you've been helping me lots." I interrupt him, "yes I've been busy but it's not your fault and barely seeing him isn't down to you, i work, I have a job, I have duties and he'll have to deal with it. My job is literally making sure all you players are fit and if you're not then it's to work hard and plan to get you back there. Don't blame yourself this is all on him."
We finished the paperwork, chatting away, I've come really close to James, he's like a brother to me. By 1:45, we've finished hydrotherapy and I finish the paperwork, dropping James home by 2:20. I say my goodbyes and he wishes me luck for sorting it with Mason, I tell him I'll let him know tomorrow.