2

Mason POV
It's been 2 weeks since me and Lucy started talking, and I talk to her everyday, we're texting or calling every opportunity possible and we FaceTime every night. She's honestly the first thing I think of in the morning and last thing at night. She's always on my mind. The more I've got to know her,the more I've fell for her. She not only has beauty on the outside but she's beautiful inside too, she's so kind, caring and best thing is I can be myself when talking to her, she makes me laugh so much. We get on really well and I want to ask her out on a date but I'm scared she don't feel the same.
It's currently Saturday and I'm at Decs house, we're coming up to international break which means we'll be teammates again for England, we've both been picked for the team.
We've got some of the other England lads round at Decs to play Xbox. "Mase are you even with us" I hear Dec say to me. "Sorry lads, I was just in a world of my own" I say in my defence as I haven't listened to anything they've been saying, I've just been thinking of Lucy. "Thinking about that girl again Mase, just ask her out already lad" Jack says to me. All the other boys agree with him, I roll my eyes and say "I'm going to get a drink now" laughing.
As I walk to the kitchen I hear a voice behind me "Bro, Jacks right you know, don't tell him I said that though, You've been a different boy since talking and getting to know Lucy, you've been smiling all the time especially when she's calls or texts. Ask her out lad, you deserve to be happy and if it doesn't work out I'll be here with the ice cream" Declan laughs and pulls me into a hug.
Lucy POV:
I'm sat at home watching greys anatomy when my phone buzzes and I see Masons name pop up. I pause the tv and open the message.
Mason😍:
Hey are you free later.
I'd like to take you to
dinner, if that's okay? Xx

Of Course. Let me know
when and where I'll meet
you. See you soon xx

I carry on watching tv and wait for Mason to send the details of the restaurant, so I can look it up online so I can dress accordingly.
It's now 6pm and I'm ready just waiting for my Uber. I've checked my outfit multiple times worried about how I look. I'm so nervous even though I've been talking to Mason everyday for like 2 weeks and know a lot about him, I've got butterflies, I've not felt like this about someone in a long time. The Uber tells me it's outside so I let Mason know I'm on my way.

(^Lucy's outfit and look for the date) I arrive at the restaurant and tell the lady at the entrance I'm here for a reservation under Mount, just like Mason had told me, she looks me up and down but leads me to the little table where Mason was sitting

I arrive at the restaurant and tell the lady at the entrance I'm here for a reservation under Mount, just like Mason had told me, she looks me up and down but leads me to the little table where Mason was sitting.
It looks so romantic, it's candle lit and he has flowers, as soon as he see's me, he stands up with the flowers. "You look beautiful Lucy" he says to me as he hands me flowers. He comes around the table and pulls me in for a hug and places a kiss on my cheek, it was something I didn't know I needed, he pulls my chair out and lets me sit down before sitting down. "Thank you Mason, you look handsome."

The night goes great we laugh pretty much all the time, we really get each other, we do have serious talks about family, I find out he's really close with his family, especially his niece Summer who he's showed me pictures of, she's adorable.
I tell him about my family not being so close since I lost my dad as a teenager, I told him about my mum moving on and picking her new man over me and she now refuses to talk to me. I don't have siblings so that's pretty much it for my family. We talk ex relationships, which again haven't been lucky for me as I've only really had one proper relationship and he was toxic and emotionally abusive which has taken me about 5 years to properly recover, a lot happened in the 2 years I was with him, even now it sometimes affects me. I got with him just before 18 and it scarred me for life, I've never really told anyone about my parents or past relationship but for some reason I feel so comfortable around Mason. Even though, I'm not ready to share the full experience of my past relationship just yet.
The meals finished and the waiter brings over the bill I ask Mason how much I need to pay and he looks at me shaking his head "absolutely not darling, I invited you on the date it's my treat. A beautiful girl like you should be treated like a princess" he says to me. "Are you sure, I've always had to pay for whatever I had. I honestly don't mind" I reply.
Since the day I turned 16, my mother said I was old enough to pay for myself, if I couldn't pay then i couldn't go, then at 18 and half when I got in a relationship with an older man, it started fine for the first couple months but after that I had to pay for everything that I used from toothpaste to eating out, like he would pay his half at a restaurant and then walk out. Looking back now I don't know why I stayed so long.
"You shouldn't be used to it darling, if you're ever mine,  you will be treated like the queen you deserve" he says to me as he gets the waiter to bring the card machine. When he calls me darling it makes my butterflies go wild. I think I like him a lot more than I thought.