34

-The next day-
Mason POV:
It's 10am, we've had breakfast and got dressed. I'm just chilling with Jack while Lucy finishes getting dressed. Soon the door knocks, Lucy shouts down "babe, can you get the door please?" I get up and open the door, Mum and Dad are the other side. "Mum, Dad, what you doing here?" They hug me and dad says "me and you are going to have a chat. I think we need one to talk about what's been happening" I nod, I'm annoyed that Lucy called them behind my back, I said I was fine, then I hear Lucy coming down the stairs "you called them!" I say in an annoyed tone, she nods "I'm worried about you, a lot of people are. We've all noticed a change in you and you won't talk to any of us or let us help." I snap back "You didn't need to get involved, it wasn't your place or business. I didn't let you help because I don't want your help, fuck sake" then I hear my dad raise his voice, this shocks me as dad rarely ever shouts "that's enough son, you don't ever talk to Lucy like that or any lady. Lucy is your girlfriend and mother to your baby, she has every right to get involved if you're not okay, which you clearly aren't. There is no excuse to speak to her like that, go to the kitchen, we're going to talk." I nod and walk out, once I leave I hear my mum and dad apologise to Lucy. Mum asks if she wants a tea or something, as I know she's got tears but I hear her say "I'll have a tea in a little while, I've got a physio session with Jack right now." They walk in the from room, Jack and Lucy head to the gym.
Dad calls me in and tells me to sit down. "Son what's going on?" I shrug and look at the floor, "you'll both hate me" I reply and they tell me it's not possible, I take a deep breath and begin "Back during the euros, I made a terrible mistake which nearly cost me Lucy, I kissed someone else." My dad keeps a straight face and gestures me to continue while my mum looks at the floor, "well turns out she started working at Chelsea as part of the medical team, the other day she told boss that I needed to see her as she noticed a limp. When I got there she tried kissing me again, I pushed her off and told her I'm with Lucy and going to be a dad. She tried blackmailing me, I ignored her and she only allowed me 20 minutes of play, boss wouldn't listen when I told him nothing was wrong and she was lying, she said if I don't give her what she wants she won't clear me to play at all." I breathe once I'm finished and Dad puts his hand on my leg "son, we can sort it but you should've spoken to Lucy, when she started 2 weeks ago, I'm quite sure Lucy's going to be quite hurt by this, and in regards to the kissing her in the first place, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed." That word from dad stings a lot, I never wanted to disappoint him. I look at my mum, she shrugs "son, we'll help you fix it but you shouldn't have created a chance for this to happen in the first place." I nod "I know I fucked up, it's gonna really hurt Lucy isn't it?" They both nod to me and we start discussing how we can sort it.
Lucy POV:
I'm in the physio session with Jack and he says "you okay Luce? That was rough earlier" I nod "I'll be okay, I just have a gut feeling something isn't right" he agrees and we continue chatting through the session, then we head back up. Jack tells me he's going to shower and lay down as he's in a bit of pain.
I walk into the front room, as Tony and Debbie are saying goodbye. They tell me, Mason will tell me now, and they thank me for calling.
Once we've waved them off, I sit with Mason and he explains it all, I'm really hurt by this, he's been working with the girl for 2 weeks and hasn't told me any of this. "Babe, please say something?" He says and I shrug "what do you want me to say Mason, 2 weeks this has been happening and you haven't told me, she tried to kiss you again, multiple times." He nods and I say "can you see why I'm hurt?" He shrugs "kind of Luce, but I hoped boss would believe me and she'd leave then I wouldn't have to tell you." I shake my head in disbelief "you wouldn't have to tell me.. really Mason did you not learn from last time. I need time." He looks shocked and I continue "I'll stay at Decs and Lauren's tonight, I need space to calm down." I stand up and head to pack a bag.
40 minutes later, I'm at Decs door in tears. I knock on the door and as Lauren opens it she says "omg Lucy, what's happened, come in." She hugs me and I say "I'm sorry for not calling, is it okay if I stay here the night please?" She nods and then I hear "oh Luce, course you can, come here. What's he done?" I fall into Decs arms as they walk me into the front room.
Lauren makes me a tea and I explain it all to them. Once I'm finished, Dec says "He's such a twat sometimes, he should've spoken to us." I nod and then Decs phone rings. He leaves the room I know it's Mase.
Mason POV:
I should've told Lucy, I know that but I didnt expect her to leave me and go to Decs, I'm sitting here crying, worried I may have fucked it all up.  I decide to call Dec as I need him right now.
Deccers💙
D-Hi brother
M-Dec I need you, I've fucked it all up.
D- I heard, did you want me to come over?
M-Please, but Is Luce okay?
D- She's here and safe, but she's very upset.
M-I fucked it all up.
D-I think she just needs some time
M-Can you come over?
D-I'll be about 20 minutes

25 minutes later the door knocks, I let Dec in and he hugs me. We head into the front room and sit down, "Mase, why didn't you tell any of us?" He asks and I shrug. "I just wanted to sort it out, part of me didn't want to tell Lucy as it would bring back up the one mistake I hate myself for, I just didn't want to bring up the past." I say and he nods then says "she's your partner, there should never be secrets no matter how painful it may be to say. It may have been a hard conversation to have but she feels like she don't matter as you didn't share it with her. That's what has hurt her the most, is that you couldn't come to her with this." I nod understanding what he means, "I get it, but she left me" I say and I'm now being vulnerable and truthfully honest as her leaving really hurt, he puts his arm around me and says "she's told us she left as she needed time as she didn't want to say or do something in anger that's she'd later regret. Once this is sorted talk to her and make a promise with each other that no-one leaves" I smile and then we chat a bit more.