21

Mason POV:
I arrived at training, I see Ben and Jack waiting for me. "Alright lads?" I ask and they say their hellos. "Mase mate you look like you haven't slept" Ben says and I shrug "I haven't slept properly since Luce left" they both hug me as we walk in to the others.
After about 10 minutes the door opens and Lucy walks in with Dec again, I know he's not being horrible by doing this, I'm glad she's got him looking out for her. "Morning lads" she says as she walks past not even looking at us 3 lads. I see James run in and call her, she turns around and laughs as he has a large coffee in his hand "I forgot to bring you one yesterday Luce and you ended up getting your own. After signing me back to at least the gym for today it's the least you deserve and Kenz said about dinner Saturday evening?" She smiles and hugs him as she takes the coffee, "I still stand by that you don't have to but it sounds great, you or Kenz can message me the details. Also no over doing it today and you're meeting your personal trainer in the gym in 20 minutes." She turns and walks away. I just watch her as I just miss her.
I feel the sofa dip next to me and I look and see Dec, "Have you thought about how you're gonna sort this out yet?" I shake my head "no lad, I just miss her" he puts his arm around me "she misses you too but you've got a lot of making up to do, not only did you kiss the girl and not tell her, you was a dick when coming in drunk and then you accused her of getting with Mads. You hurt her a lot. But you haven't slept have you?" I shake my head and look at the floor. He just hugs me and reassures me it'll be okay.
-Thursday-
Lucy POV:
It's 8:15, I walk into work like usual with Dec and see James already here and grinning at me, I know it's because today determines weather he can start training with the others. I laugh and say "come on then Maddison, let's see if we can have you cleared by the time training starts at 9:15" he laughs and jumps up as the others wish him luck.
By 9:10, I've cleared him for training, he's like a child on Christmas. "Right down to the pitch now, you can't step on that pitch until Gareth signs the form." We head down and he said he's going to keep a straight face so the others have to guess. As we walk on to the pitch, the others all look at us. Gareth stops talking and says "so Physio, has Maddison been cleared?" I look up and grin "Maddison is back in training" the boys run up to hug him and Gareth signs the forms.
While he sends the boys to warm up I shout "Oi Maddison, careful, keep the support on and I don't want you back in my office until Saturday when I have to see you all" he salutes me and laughs with the others. My heart warms at the sight of how happy he is to be back and I feel proud how we achieved it together, I saved his dreams being crushed.
Gareth pulls me out of my thoughts and says "Lucy, I need to talk to you. I received an email this morning, I just want to clarify the facts." I nod and gesture for him to continue "I'll get straight to the point, I received an email telling me you have an addiction, obviously this wasn't stated on any of your paperwork. Can you explain?" I feel tears in my eyes, I take a breath and explain how I did and how I've been clean for 4 and half years nearly 5. "Does this mean I lose my job because I didn't tell you? I just thought it was in the past, it wasn't recent, I gained my qualification after it and that" He smiles at me "of course not no, you're one of the best Physio's we've had, the work you've done is amazing and we want it to continue especially with more international times coming up. I just wanted to clarify, I have to say I'm very proud of you, lots of people with that story would've given up but you haven't." Tears fall down then I ask "did the email come from someone called Amelia?" He nods and I explain the situation. He says "I'm sorry" then everything crashes down and I run away crying.
Mason POV:
We all see Lucy run away crying, Gareth shouts "Mason do you want to go make sure she's okay" I shake my head "I ain't the best person to go boss, not right now. Let Dec go" he nods and tells Dec to go. As Dec runs past me he says "don't worry, I'll make sure she's okay." I smile and watch him go to her and I break inside as I want it to be me she needed.
Lucy POV:
I'm in my room and the door bursts open and in runs Dec. "Luce what happened" he says hugging me and I explain it all. He's angry at her too, "why the fuck would she try and ruin your career?" I shrug and say "how long do you think before she releases it?" He hugs me again and says "if it happens we'll deal with it, I promise. You've got me and a whole team of big brothers out there on your side, and as much as you don't want to hear it, you've got Mason on your side as well." I nod "I do miss him" he smiles "I know you do" then my radio goes off. "Medical staff needed training pitch now. Player down" I hear the cries over the radio and grab my medical bag, knowing a few of the staff are off today. "That's Mason. Let's go"
I run onto the pitch and I was right it is Mason. "Is it only me in today?" I say to Gareth and he nods.
I see Mason crying and rolling in pain. I head over and say "right listen to me, I need you to calm down and keep still, tell me where the pain is" I place my hand and run my fingers through his hair knowing it calms him down. He explains it's his leg and how it just went and gave way. "Right let's get you up and into a chair and I'll wheel you to my room and we can do further tests and scans." He's still crying and says "will I be able to play again Luce?" I see how much that question hurt and knew that he needs the answer. I smile and say "I'm going to do my absolute best, I don't have my number 19 shirts for nothing do I?" He smiles and then the wheelchair gets brought over.
Once he's in it, we head to my room, I've told Gareth I'll provide a full update when I know.