38

-2 weeks later-
Chelsea are playing West Ham today, it's bringing back memories from when Lucy first met Mason. Lucy is just under 21 weeks pregnant. She's heading to the game with Lauren.
She gets in the car, "Hey Loz, thanks for taking me to the game." Lauren giggles "It's absolutely fine Luce, Mase took Dec today, so it made sense." Lucy laughs "They both make me laugh, they're never apart. To be fair it's even worse at England training." Lauren laughs as they drive along, "I can imagine. What are you doing about next international season?" Lauren asks and Lucy shrugs and says "we haven't fully decided, obviously little one here wasn't in the plans but they're due before international season. Gareth wants me back and I am employed by England. It's only a 6 week period but it's finding someone to have little one." Lauren nods and agrees and then says "obviously discuss it with Mason, but what if I looked after little one" Lucy grins "that would be amazing, are you sure?" They carry on discussing it and decide Lucy will talk to Mason later tonight.
Lucy POV:
We arrived at the stadium and I've said my goodbyes to Lauren, as I head to the Chelsea stand. I'm really excited about this game.
At half time the score is 2-1 to Chelsea, I'm so happy as Mason scored with Ben assisting, the do really good teamwork on the field. At the 87th minute, I see Ben go down, you hear the gasps of the fans. I see the pain on his face, he's not getting up, the medics take him off and Mason runs to check if he's okay. The friend part of me is really worried but so is the physio part of me.
I head to the tunnel to meet Mason and find out how Ben is. I see Lauren in the tunnel and I say "I'm so worried about Ben." She nods "it looked bad didn't it" I nodded "unfortunately, the way he went down, it could be his season over with." She looks shocked and then I see Mason and Dec coming towards us together. "Always together" Lauren says and we laugh.
Mason comes up and hugs me, "good game baby, how's Ben?" I say as I give him a kiss. He shrugs "I don't know, I'll go ask now." I smile and tell him I'll stay with Dec.
Dec comes over and I give him a hug "good game, sorry about the result." He shrugs "it's okay, I feel so bad for Chilly though."
Mason POV:
I walk to the medical room and I open the door, as I walk in I hear Ben shouting at the staff, I can also hear he's tearful. I run in and put my arm around him "Chilly, calm down lad what's wrong?" He lays his head on me and cries. I calm him down then he says "I want Lucy" I look at him confused. He adds "I want Lucy to look at my knee, none of the medical staff here are physio's, the last one was shit and was sacked. They want to send me to a physio facility that's like 3 hours away but I want Lucy to look at my notes and assess it. If she agrees I have to go I will, but if she can help me I want her to do it, would she mind?" I shake my head "of course she wouldn't mind, she's in the tunnel worried about you. I can get her as long as it's cleared with these" I say pointing to the staff. They tell me and Ben they will speak to someone and let us know in a few minutes.
10 minutes later, the medic walks in with a pass and says "management have cleared it for Ben to use his own choice of physio, she is able to use our facilities here but she will be here under a contract of Bens, so it's down to Ben to sort payment and she's under full responsibility and liability of Ben not Chelsea" I laugh "she won't take payment, but that's great news." The medic says "it's your girlfriend isn't it Mason?" I nod and he adds "she won the award for best in the euros?" Ben and I nod "she did, she's back with us England next time hopefully." He nods and says "I can see why you've picked her Ben."
I run out to the tunnel with the pass. I run up to her "babe, Ben wants you" I explain it all and she says "come on then, let's go." Dec says he'll wait for us, to find out how Ben is.
Lucy POV:
I have no idea how bad this is, I walk into their medical room. I immediately hug Ben, "we'll get you sorted. I got you" he smiles "thanks Luce." I tell Ben my plan that I'll send him home on crutches today and tomorrow while the others are at recovery we will scan it and assess and come up with a proper plan.
We head out to the car and see Dec and Lauren waiting for us. Dec hugs Ben, we get into the cars, Ben travels with us and we all go back to order in some food. "Ben why don't you stay here tonight until we know where we're at tomorrow as you should be resting." I say and he nods, Mason agrees.
By 10pm, Bens in the guest room and I'm in bed with Mason. "Babe, I was talking with Loz earlier and we've had an idea." He looks and says "what was it darling?" I smile "when little one is born, obviously a few months after is international season. I'm still employed with England and I want to go back like we discussed but we were wary of finding the correct person to look after them. Well what if Loz looked after them. We know her and trust her and our little one will know her." He smiles "that's an amazing idea, is she okay with it?" I laugh "It was her idea babe." He pulls me close and kisses me "I think it's a great idea. You know the lads will feel better with having you there." I laugh and nod "I know. Baby, im worried about Ben. I think this may be it for the season and I can't guarantee about England." He hugs me "I don't think he needs all them guarantees right now I think he just needs the one guarantee that his career isn't over." I nod "I'm going to try my absolute best."
He cuddles into me and I fall asleep in his arms.