46

-5 days later-
LUCY:
Today is the first day with England, Lauren and Dec come to ours at 7:30am this morning, We left Lauren with everything she needs and told her to call me with any problems. It was a lot harder leaving Frankie than I actually expected. We all decided to travel to training together as we'd all be coming home together anyway.
We pull up and I've been quiet the whole journey, as we park up Mason says "Luce, you okay baby? You've been so quiet the whole journey." I shrug and nod "I'll be okay, I just found leaving Frankie harder than expected. I'm sure I'll be okay, I've got a busy day today." As I get out the car Mason kisses me. "So what are you're plans today Luce?" Dec asks and I laugh "all of your lots medical assessments. My first one is at 8:30am and my last one will be at about 5pm." He laughs "and I thought our day in the gym and tactics meeting was going to be long. What time is mine?" I laugh and shrug "I don't know, I know Ben and Jack are my first two as they got injuries during the league so I have to make sure they're clear to play, even though I was the physio that done their recovery. It's policy." Mason and Dec laugh and Mase says "Oh yes our 2 house guests." We laugh and Dec adds "we did warn you last time that we'd come to you." I nod "let's hope this 6 weeks has less injuries."
We walk in and we're the last ones, we say our hellos and Gareth comes to say hello too. I get my stuff and say goodbye to Mason, as I walk away I say "Grealish and Chilly, outside my room in 20 minutes please your medical assessments are my first two, as you both decided to be injured during the season and we've got to make sure my amazing work with you both has kept you healed and okay to play. Also lads, no injuries today please, I've got all of your assessments and it's only the first day" they all laugh and in unison reply "yes Luce." Gareth laughs and agrees with the no injuries.
By 8:25, my door knocks, I get up and open it and see Jack and Ben the other side. Jack has a coffee in his hand and Ben has a chocolate muffin and a breakfast oat bar, they hand them to me as I say "hey boys, thank you for this. It's all very much appreciated. Who's going first?" They tell me Jack will go first but they're just going to wait for each other anyway.
"So Grealish, any issues I should know about?" He shakes his head, "course not Luce, you done amazingly work, I've been perfect ever since" I giggle "that's great to know, let's make sure with the assessment." 20 minutes later, we're finished and I smile "you're all good to go. Let's hope the rest of the 2 days are all the same for the others."
I let Jack out then call in Chilly, he tells me the same that he's had no problems since going back after the injury. "After assessing you, I can confirm you are clear to train." He laughs "I knew I would be, you were the one who helped me recover." I smile "thanks Chilly, that means a lot. Let's go to the gym so I can take the next lot." He laughs as we walk out the room "have you got to do all these assessments for us all?" I nod "yeah, half today and half tomorrow. I'm hoping I get them all done in 2 days if not it'll be spread over 3." He smiles then says "how are you finding it being away from little lady?" I shrug and say "I miss her lots, Lauren's texted me reassuring me she's fine, but I hope the busy day will help me through and soon I'll get used to it." He puts his arm around me as we walk out the room and Jack joins us to walk back to the gym.
I walk in the gym and I say to Gareth, "these 2 are all good to go. Did you want me to bring you the forms after each few of them I do or just bring all the forms for you to sign at the end of the day?" He grins "I tell you what, as I know today will be a long day for you well the next 2 days, we'll either do them all tomorrow evening if you're done at a good time, but I think it'll be better to schedule a meeting to sign them all and talk over any of them the day after." I breathe a sigh of relief and laugh "that's good actually as I've I'm quickly noted down the answers at the moment for the forms I'll type them up at lunch." He laughs "don't over do it Lucy, we've got time, we've got nearly 2 weeks until the first match. Who you taking now?" I look at my list and say "the three goalkeepers please?" He nods and calls them all, we hear shouts of 'coming' and 'just getting my water' I laugh and wait for them. As I leave Mason winks and smiles at me so I wave back.
By lunch time, I've managed to finish 8 of the players, I've decided to get some lunch and bring it back up with me as I've got to type up the 8 forms. I've planned to fit in another 6 after lunch as I know the forms will take longer than my hour lunch.
I get to the canteen and I see the boys already eating, I wave and Mason runs over. "Hey baby, missed you." He says kissing me. I smile and reply "I've missed you too. Todays been so busy." He puts his arm around me and says "don't over do it baby, you've only just came back after Frankie." I pull away and say "I'm fine, like you became a parent the same time as me but you went back to work and nobody kept telling you that. I'm fine, I'm doing the job I'm paid to do. I'm going back up I've got lots to do, I'll meet you after work" I snap at him and I know I shouldn't have but a mixture of bring emotional about being away from Frankie, people keep telling me not to over do it as I've just had a baby, I've had other staff members make comments about me being back so soon, people online judging. I know the staff members don't mean it horribly but it just seems like people won't leave me alone. I walk up to my office and lock the door once I'm inside..