49

-The next day-
LUCY:
We walk through the doors at 7:45, I know I have 4 more of the lads to assess this morning, I see they're all here I smile as I say good morning "Maddison, Foden, Little B and Little E, 8:45am this morning please. I'm hoping to have you all done and the reports typed by lunch time." They all nod and then James says "I'll bring you a coffee up with me Luce?" I grin "Thanks Mads, and boys can we remember today unlike yesterday morning." I laugh looking at Mason and Dec. They both laugh and Mason cuddles me saying "but you love me." I nod, I kiss him and say "I do love you but I've got to get going, I should see you at lunch." He says bye and I head upstairs.
MASON:
Us lads all sit chilling out and talking as we've got some time before we have to get changed. My phone rings and I see it's my mum.
Mama💖
M- Hey mum, is everything okay?
D-Yeah Mase, everything is fine. I was just calling to ask if it's okay for us to have Frankie tomorrow?
M-Yeah that'll be okay? I didn't think you were coming up until match day though?
D-Your dad and I were planning to go shopping so thought we'd come up and see Frankie, she can come with us and we can spoil her rotten. Maybe we can all go for dinner after work?
M-Yeah, Lucy and I finish at 5. So maybe book somewhere for about 6:30-7.
D-Okay we'll arrange that all, Tell Declan that him and Lauren are invited too as they're family. Are you sure Lauren won't mind us having Frankie during the day?
M-I'll tell him, and she'll be okay mum, it'll be Lauren you'll be collecting her from tomorrow. I've got to go now. Love you both.
D-We love you too son, tell Lucy we said hi and sent our love and give Frankie a kiss and cuddle from nanny and grandad.
M-Course I will. Love you. Bye.

I hang up and Dec says "everything okay bro?" I nod and say "yeah, mum and dad are coming up tomorrow. They're going to take Frankie out, then they were worried they'd offend Loz by taking her but she told me to tell you, she's booking a table and we're having a family dinner, obviously you and Loz are invited too." He grins and says "aww, that's lovely. We'll tell Loz later." I nod "I still need to let Lucy know yet." We head to the changing rooms laughing about how Dec automatically gets an invite to our family meals.

LUCY:
It's 8:40am, and my door knocks. I get up to open it and see the 4 lads outside, James hands me a coffee and grins "we remembered and we're 5 minutes early." I laugh and reply "already ahead of yesterdays boys. Who's going first?" They all shrug and I say "come on little E, let's get you don't first." He laughs and says "Little E?" I nod "yeah, Saks is little B, and Jude's Little J. You're all the young ones so I thought I'd give you a nickname." He laugh and tells me it's actually funny but not very inventive. We're in the medical and I ask "is everything okay? Anything I need to worry about?" He shakes his head but doesn't say anything, I look worriedly "what's wrong Emile, talk to me." I think I know what's bothering him but I need him to tell me himself. "I'm just struggling, I don't feel good enough to be here. Like I don't get that much time in league games so I was so shocked when Gareth still wanted me." I hug him "You're an excellent player that's why your here. I'll get Gareth to arrange someone to talk to you and help you through all of this but physically your cleared." He thanks me and heads out, I call in Saks next who passes with flying colours and eagerly gets back down to the pitch.
I get to the door and say "come on Foden, please tell me your medical is going to be simple." He laughs and says "why wouldn't it be?" I laugh loudly "you play for city... they're not exactly known to be helpful in my department" I say because of when they wouldn't help Jack, he laughs and agrees but after 30 minutes he's out and cleared.
Phil goes back down and I stand and the door "come on Mads, and I don't want any injuries from you these 6 weeks" I say laughing and he nods "I agree, I don't want to be injured either." We talk and I do his medical assessment and he passes and is cleared. This means that all the players are cleared to play, I stay and type up all my forms while James heads to join the lads.
At lunchtime I head to get food, I've promised Mason I'll sit with them. As I walk down I see Gareth, he smiles and says "all done Lucy?" I smile and nod "yeah, all cleared and typed up. There's a couple I need to discuss though. Any chance of a meeting today?" He nods "course, 1:30pm my office? The lads have got gym sessions with the personal trainers this afternoon." I say my goodbyes and tell him I'll meet him at his office at 1:30pm, which means I only have an hour of lunch as I need to go back up to my office and get all my paperwork and notes together.
I walk in and get my food, as I head over to the tables I hear the lads cheering, I look up at them all confused and Jack says "Lucy's finally joining us for lunch!" I laugh and Mason says "it's more the fact that she's finally having a lunch and eating properly." I laugh and roll my eyes, I sit down next to him as he kisses me "hey baby, I'm glad you've joined me for lunch." I smile "I'm glad I can spend lunch with you too. Your mum sent me a text earlier about dinner booked for 6:45pm tomorrow?" I ask and he laughs "I was going to tell you now, Mum and dad are coming up this way and they called ti ask if they can have Frankie for the day tomorrow and take us all for dinner, Dec and Loz are coming too. Decs called Loz about 10 minutes ago." I smile and nod "how are they getting Frankie tomorrow?" He explains how Loz will come as usual and they'll collect Frankie from her. I chat with all the lads talking about how trainings going. I see the time is now 1:15pm, I stand up and kiss Mason. "I've got to go, I've got a meeting in 15 minutes about all of you lot. I'll meet you at 5 baby. I love you." He grins kissing me again "I love you too." The others all about "Bye Luce, Love ya" I laugh

MASON:
As Lucy leaves Jack says "Mase mate, when you gonna wife her?" We all laugh at how common he is but then James says "he makes a good point brother" I nod and then shrug "Ive thought about it boys but I just don't know yet."