Chapter 5 Part 38: Planning for an Assassination

Start from the beginning

Maki's POV:

Rantaro left not too long ago, leaving me to do my job. It was annoying that he decided to come down, but I knew it was important for the two to speak. Even so, as I kept an eye on the hanger I couldn't help but think to myself.
'That idiot...' I thought, 'is he trying to piss Kokichi off or something?'
I knew very well that wasn't the case, but I knew that Rantaro seeing (y/n) would have a negative impact on her. Kokichi was probably watching now, and I knew that he could very well know that this happened. I was worried about that, and it was such a pain to only be able to watch from a distance.
That was why I was going to come up with my own plan. I couldn't just watch this bastard continue to act cocky. I had to do something to confuse him more. As I thought about it more, I knew the layout to the hanger area, and that I factored that into what I was planning.
'I have a crossbow from my lab in my room right now,' I thought, 'but in order to end this, I will need poison.'
There was only one place that I previously thought of before that held poison. It was Shuichi's Ultimate Lab. When I went in there during the time that lab was unlocked, I noticed many different poisons, but I was able to only recall some of them.
'I will need a poison that will show the bastard a slow and painful death...' I thought, 'I need to get some some information out of the cocky bastard as well.'
Rantaro had his way of doing things, and so did I. I didn't really care what he thought at this point. There was a good chance Kokichi was going to find out about the second plan sooner or later. If anyone was going to have to prepare for that, it would be me.
Thoughts were going through my head as I silently checked the perimeter of the hanger area. I could still see Exisals guarding the electromagnetic barrier that led inside of the true hanger. I knew there would also be Exisals inside of the hanger as well.
'In order for my plan to work, I need to ensure a safe way to break into the hanger...' I thought as I sent a glare towards the Exisals guarding the barrier.
From what I could think of, I couldn't beat the Exisals in strength. Those machines were nothing but large scraps of metal, so of course I couldn't do much damage to that physically. If I tried to attack them, the others would follow suit as well.
'What can I do to get into the shutter?' I thought, 'there has to be a way to get past those Exisals. After all, they are just machines...'
Almost as soon as that thought hit my mind, it was almost as if a realization hit me. I felt like there was a way for me to get into the shutter safely. The Exisals were just machines, and something about the explanation Miu gave previously.
'Maybe the Electrohammer can work...' I thought, 'but from what I recall, Miu mentioned that the Electrohammer would be drained in one bit if it were to be used on an Exisal.'
If that was the case, I could probably make it work. Miu's Electrohammers can be used on any sort of machinery. The Exisals were in that category, however the drawback was the fact that one swing against one would instantly kill off the battery in the hammer. I would only have one shot to use on an Exisal. If that didn't work, then I would be out of options until the hammer recharged fully again.
I was more than confident that I could complete the plan I was thinking of. As an assassin, the skills I had could be used to complete this plan. I would only have one shot at it, but that was better than having no shot at all.
    'I need to plug in my Electrohammer once I stop by my room,' I thought, 'and I will check Shuichi's Lab later tonight for what poisons are being kept there.'
    I had a general idea for what I was going to do. I would have to prepare for this , and part of the process was finding the correct type of poison to use. Playing dirty like this was one of the skills of an assassin.
    I had no issue with that considering that was the way Kokichi was playing.  Kokichi was using (y/n) as the motive, and that was a cheap tactic from the beginning. I had no qualms against giving that cocky son of a bitch what he deserved. In fact, I was hoping to give him exactly what he deserved.
    I was frustrated and pissed off at the situation, and now I had a plan. Killing Kokichi with poison after making him talk was the perfect method for me. If it weren't for (y/n), we would've lost over half of our classmates from painful deaths. I had no issues giving this bastard that same treatment, especially with what was going on.
    I traveled back around to where the Exisal bathroom window was, making sure to keep myself out of sight as I did so. I knew what I was planning. I knew what how I was going to proceed. There wasn't a way to be *too* under prepared, especially when it came to Kokichi.
If things went south with what was being planned here, someone did need to pick up the slack. Hopefully Rantaro knew what he was doing when he was speaking to (y/n) because things would probably get worse as a result of that. However it was good for both of them to speak together, so I would allow that,
'If it weren't for Rantaro telling (y/n) the fake plan, I would've beat his ass...' I thought, 'I swear that guy can be a mystery on what his next move is.'
I guess the only thing I could do now was keep an eye out. If Kokichi plans on doing anything to hurt her more, I was going to plan on making him suffer more. He can't just expect to cause this much damage without facing the consequences. I wasn't the only angry party, so I knew a lot of us shared the same opinion.
With a plan thought up of, I knew what I was going to do. I knew I had to meet with everyone else in the dining hall for dinner at some point soon. Once lights were out however, I would go to Shuichi's Lab to take a glance at the varieties of poison there. There was something there I could use to tip the crossbow arrows.
    Once I would be able to get the rest of what I needed, I would be able to proceed with a more clearer understanding of how this might play out. Even with acquiring the poison, I would still need a charged Electrohammer to even bypass the barrier.
    I was still confident in my abilities. I was forced to train my body until I was physically sick. My physical and mental abilities were constantly tested by the ones who trained me. Even if I was miserable when this happened, I couldn't excuse the skills that I've learned.
    Kokichi was going to see first hand what happens when he underestimated us. I was going to make sure he regretted his actions. It's not like someone who was going to die soon could have much to regret at that point. I wasn't even truly sure if Kokichi was the type to regret his actions, but even so. Karma is a big force to deal with, and it always comes to collect eventually.