Ichó | 50 . the bow

You'd stayed like that with Ichó for a little while, going over more details of the books. Transferring of power, these 'god' slayers, and... You found one page that piqued your interest. A boy drawn in with dark hair and a sapphire earring. Chava, but not quite.

Ichó didn't seem all that interested in it all. Their interest had peaked with the information about the bow. At some point they closed the book and put it away, taking your wrist softly into their hand and leading you out of the room.

They were quiet as the two of you walked through the halls. You watched their expression, how serious they looked. Nothing about them was anything like you imagined. Not that you were quite sure what it was you were imagining them to be like.

The two of you descended down a staircase, and your steps echoed off of the corridor walls. "I want you to see something special," Ichó spoke up finally, "it's a very secretive matter of mine. A... Personal inquiry, if you will."

"Is it to do with that book?" You asked, and they laughed.

"I can't tell if you're clever or if it was that obvious."

Ichó stopped at a double door, letting go of your wrist to pull them open. Inside was a room of treasures and relics of sorts. Most were harmless, beautiful but harmless.

And one was entirely out of place.

"Uh," you hesitated, "is... That really special enough to be here with everything else?" You pointed towards a plain wooden bow. "I mean, it looks old but... Surely not special enough to be hidden away down here?"

Ichó chuckled and walked over to the bow. "I thought so too. I couldn't quite see why it was being auctioned off at first." They agreed. "But I bought it anyways. Something about it drew me in. And then..."

Their slender hands wrapped around the bow, and they showed it off to you. Suddenly it expanded in size, it's wooden casing falling away to reveal a glowing pink and gold bow.

Just like the one from the texts.

"You're kidding," you breathed out, your eyes wide. "Is it, like, something with LEDs...?"

"No." They shook their head. "It's also quite indestructible." As to prove their point, they held it in both hands and whacked it against the cement wall. To your surprise, the wall cracked instead of the bow.

"And it..."

"Yes, it looks exactly like the bow from the texts."

"But... That would mean."

They smiled at you. "Correct. This bow I am in possession of is a god's." Ichó was proud of their statement, but you got a horrible feeling in your gut.

You remembered Chava again in that instance, how he cringed at the mention of gods. And you recalled Satia, and how he smiled so warmly down at you.

"I... You shouldn't mess with such affairs. Even if it is fake, it may be dangerous—"

"Oh?" Ichó rose a brow. "Mm... I'd like that. If they were. I'd like to see just how powerful a god's weapon is. And if it can slay them."