Hibiki | 16 . ingredients

"Feel any better?" Hibiki mumbled once you'd woken up again. Surprisingly, you did. It felt as though things had washed out of your system some more. Which was particularly surprising considering you hadn't had medicine in awhile.

"Yeah," you nodded. "I feel much better."

"That so?" He tilted his head, sitting over you with hair falling down into his deep eyes. "I'm... Glad." Hibiki offered you an innocent looking close eyed smile.

That feeling didn't last all too long.

It was like all of a sudden Hibiki had lost any ability to cook. "I don't think I can eat this." You grimaced after two bites. "What did you put in this, seriously..."

Hibiki frowned deeply. "Blunt as ever." He chuckled airily. "I put some weird ingredients, I admit, but they'll make you feel better. Promise. It's just home remedies."

The horrid taste deterred you, but you pushed through.

He was so wrong about it making you feel better.

"I'm never going to feel better again." You groaned out, kicking some blankets off of you. Hibiki tried to keep them on, but it was a losing battle.

"You will," he mumbled, "it'll pass."

It felt as though it never would all the same. You almost wanted to cry, but your throat ached too badly to even consider it. Once again, you fell asleep like that. Hibiki by your side all the while.

When you woke up, you were alone. The first time you'd been alone all week. It was almost nice. Almost.

With a heavy breath, you moved to get up. "Hibiki?" You called into the house, voice croaking. Your legs almost gave out from beneath you, causing you to curse gently under your breath.

The lack of reply caused you to frown deeply. Where had he gone? Your brain was too foggy to answer the question. Instead you went and got into the shower, feeling just well enough to. You reckoned if Hibiki was around he'd insist on helping you bathe, and you didn't want to deal with that.

Right as you'd gotten out of the shower, the humidity and steam making your head spin, you heard the front door.

But that didn't make sense, did it? Hibiki surely wasn't leaving without telling you. Unless he was coming back? But then, wouldn't he have left a note?

A chill ran down your spine at the sound of a thump.

With a heavy breath, you grabbed the scissors from the bathroom. It was the nearest durable sharp object—without you having to risk going all the way to the kitchen.

What if it was an intruder? Oh god, what if it was an intruder? No way you could take someone, even armed, in your state. You were practically tripping over yourself to leave the bedroom.

"My love?" A familiar voice called, and immediately you relaxed. "Are you awake in there?" He seemed a bit far off. Maybe in the kitchen? Did he grab groceries...?

"Yeah." You called.

"Get some more rest for now! There's more meds on the bathroom counter, and I'll have dinner ready soon!"

Your grip on the scissors had your hands shaking.

Yeah, yeah...

You'd get some rest before dinner.