Prologue ; Yuki

It was snowing, actually snowing. Hibiki stared up at it, his eyes widened into saucers. "It's so pretty." He mumbled as he reached a hand up. Some flecks of white fell and melted on the tip of his fingers.

You smiled over at him, grinned almost, and nodded. "It is!" You agreed. "The snow is really pretty! I love this time of year!"

"But it's cold," he added.

Your eyes glimmered in return. "Don't like the cold?"

"No." He shook his head. "It's warm, in Japan, a lot."

Hibiki sealed his fate. Without a second thought, you'd thrown yourself over him. Hibiki let out a startled cry as the two of you fell into the sea of white.

"Get used to it!" You laughed, pushing yourself up. And suddenly, despite it being colder than before, Hibiki felt warm. Your expression, you, your everything made him feel so warm.

After a moment, you'd flopped down next to him, staring up at the sky. Snow danced in the air, fluttering down to the ground. You stuck your tongue out, and a snowflake or two melted on it.

Hibiki watched you with wide eyes.

"What's snow in Japanese?"

He rose a brow. "Huh?"

"What's snow in Japanese?" You asked again, looking over at him.

"Um... Yuki."

"Yuki." You mimicked.

"Yuki." He confirmed.

You looked away. "Let's name him that."

"Who?"

"Our kid, duh."

Hibiki sat up straight and stared at you as though you'd grown a second head. "Huh?"

You laughed and sat up as well. "Let's name our kid Yuki, when we're married!"

"Married?"

"Yeah." You nodded enthusiastically.

"We're going to get married?"

"When we're older. Like. Old. Like ten!" You put up all ten of your fingers, and he stared.

"Three years?" He mumbled.

"Do you not want to get married?" You furrowed your brows.

Hibiki's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head. "I do!" He gasped. "I want to be with you forever!"

"I want to be with you forever too." You giggled, taking his hand in yours.