Satia | 21 . oh honey

"That was alarming."

Everything was out of focus.

"It's okay," The unfamiliar voice whispered soothingly, "you're with me again."

"Again?" Your voice was faint and hardly intelligible. The person laughed, hearty and true. It relaxed you.

"It must've been terrifying," He reached a hand out and cupped your cheek. You could see inky black on his skin, his claws made of the stuff. His hand was all that was clear at this point. Sort of. You saw yellow, and horns, and that flowing cape. "I'm so sorry honey."

Something about them felt so familiar, but you couldn't place why or how. "... What was?"

"Your murder."

Oh, that was right.

Hibiki had killed you.

That fact barely could sink in with your cloudy head, and you didn't panic the way you expected. Something about this person in front of you was calming.

"Who are you?"

"Satia."

"Satia?"

"Yes, honey."

"Satia," you tried the name on your tongue again, "where are we?"

"Somewhere safe." He hummed. "You may always return here to rest until the last sun burns out."

"I don't want to rest anymore."

"Right." He chuckled, and you saw an understanding smile curve at his features. "Then what would you like, honey? Name it and it'll be yours."

You had to think. A part of you wanted to say to go back to your old life, but you didn't think you could ever look Hibiki in the eyes again. You could still feel his hands around your throat, you could still hear him screaming nonsensically, you could still feel his tears on your cheeks.

"To know more." You mumbled. "You're a... God, right?"

"Clever." They whispered. "I am."

"I've never heard of a god named Satia."

"You have."

"I have?"

"So, what more do you want to know?"

You tilted your head into his grasp. "... Everything."

"Oh, honey." He breathed out. "I don't think you're ready for everything."

His words upset you only a tad. "Then what can I know?"

Satia pursed their lips. "You'll be in danger again if you seek this knowledge."

"But what else is there to do?"

"You'll be alive again. Capable of death."

"I don't want to die, I want to live."

Satia leaned in and rested their forehead on yours, their eyes gleaming like the beautiful morning sun. "Then live you will, and I will do what I can to fulfill your every desire."