Satia | 62 . revelations

You were crying when you awoke this time. Choking on air and clinging to Satia like if you let go you'd be done for. "It's too much, too much," you begged in broken sobs.

And he held you close, taking shaky breaths themself. "Shh," they soothed, "it's okay honey, you're here. I'm here."

You shook your head. "I don't want to go back! No! I can't do it again! What have I even gained?!"

Satia placed his hand on the back of your head, leaning forward and kissing your forehead. "... Honey?"

"What?"

"One more time. For me, please. Go back once more."

"What?!" Your head snapped up. Your cheeks stained with tears and eyes reddened, breathing heavy. "Why?! Why should I go back?! You said I could stay here with you! Let me stay and rest!"

Satia pulled you close, squeezing you tight and closing their eyes. "But you're so close."

"Close?" You hesitated.

"I would never force you, not ever. I want your happiness more desperately than anybody else in this entire universe." Satia took a shaky deep breath and pressed their lips against your head. "I just... Feel as though you will be most satisfied if you persevere."

"How could I be satisfied by dying again?"

"... It's... Hard to describe. You won't be able to fathom it until you experience it yourself."

"More questions?" You choked out. "And you won't give me the answers? The curiosity burns, Satia. It hurts."

"I know, I know, it'll all be okay." Satia rubbed soothing circles on your back, letting you cling onto them so tightly your hands shook.

"How?!"

"You'll get your answers. And then... Then you can be satisfied, correct? Then we can stay here together, forever."

You hesitated, the distraught clouding your mind. "Valentine told me to back down."

"Valentine?" He murmured. "Time corrodes satisfaction..." He considered it. "That aside... She was the one to end you."

You flinched.

"... Just once more?" You uttered out. And Satia nodded.

"Once more is all I request. And I will offer you this,"

He cupped your cheek, lifting your head so the two of you could make eye contact. And for the first time ever, everything was clear as day. The quartz coliseum that surrounded you, seemingly shimmering of gold. A gold that reminded you of their eyes, their hair, the jewelry across their pointed ears and porcelain horns, their mystic cape that flowed behind him.

For the first time, you saw him in full. You saw his pale skin and freckles, the onyx crystals that corroded their skin. The white horns, and their braid that stretched far. That pointed skull necklace, and the deepest yearning in their eyes.

"Call my name in your life, and I will bring you back to me with no questions asked."

And as the despair dissipated, as you sucked in more comfort from his presence... Suddenly, you could realize that you were close than ever. You'd been grasping at straws that didn't align how you wanted them to. But perhaps...

"... One more time." You agreed, more hesitant than ever.

"One more time." Satia agreed with a nod, kissing your forehead again. "That is all I will ever ask of you, honey. Thank you for obliging me so kindly."