Ichó | 54 . encounter

"Thanks for taking me out to eat," you said to Ichó as they helped you out of their car.

"No problem." Ichó nodded in return. They closed the car door and then locked it up. "I'm sorry I couldn't find any parking spots closer."

You shook your head gently. "Don't worry about it, really. It'll be nice to walk. After all, the weather is great and downtown is beautiful at night." You commented optimistically.

Ichó agreed. Downtown really was gorgeous. It was lit with shops and fairy lights strung across street lamps. The stone roads led through the whole shopping complex. Everything was abuzz with life, the shimmering cloudless sky above.

"I suppose it worked out then." Ichó commented. You nodded and the two of you began to walk through the town. Everything was just perfect. You were still tired, but the peaceful moment offered solace. "I hope you like the place we're going to," Ichó commented idly as the two of you walked.

You laughed and shrugged. "I'm sure I will. Even if I don't I appreciate the gesture." You told them. Ichó smiled softly, appreciating how laid back you were being.

"Right," Ichó mumbled, "I'll be sure to make it up to you if it turns out to be a terrible experience though." They added, and you laughed, and everything felt right.

Until it didn't. You'd been looking at Ichó, and you could see just when their gut dropped as well. Ichó's gaze snapped from you and began to look around. "What the hell?" They whispered. "There's no danger..."

You clenched your jaw, slowly bringing your gaze over the crowd. "Maybe not danger," you whispered in return, "but an anomaly."

"Anomaly?"

"Have you ever felt this before?" You asked them weakly.

"No? Have you?" They furrowed their brows and frowned.

"Yes," you slowed to a stop, staring into a shop, "yes I have."

Ichó followed your gaze as it landed on a woman with vibrant pink hair. You sucked in a shaky breath, gaze fixated on her. 'Val' again. That feeling again.

Then 'Val' met your gaze in return, and it wandered to Ichó. Her eyes widened, shocked, clearly. It was as though suddenly she was aware that same ominous, gut wrenching feeling.

"Her?" They whispered.

"Her." You nodded, yanking your gaze away from the woman. "You said... You aren't interested in the bow anymore, right?"

Ichó looked at you, and their gaze softened. "... I have something else I'm more fascinated with at this moment."

"Good." You took their hand into yours and began to walk away hastily. "Let sleeping dogs lie."

It was ironic coming from you, you knew that, but it was for the better. You knew that too. You already had the negative consequences of your actions haunting you.

You didn't want that for Ichó.

Ichó let you pull them along. Their gaze drifted back to the woman, who'd walked out of the shop. She stared at him with wide eyes. A shiver ran down their spine, and Ichó quickly looked back to you.

Let sleeping dogs lie...