Ichó | 55 . uncomfortable

"It's uncomfortable now, isn't it?"

Ichó's words made you flinch. You clutched your hands together and averted you gaze away from them. Their gaze pierced through you from across the table. They sat back, crossing their arms.

"No, not really..."

The brunet sighed, their gaze narrowing. "Please do not lie. I rather hate it, and I can see through you easily enough."

You groaned softly, putting a hand on the back of your neck. "It's not uncomfortable because of you, trust me. I mean, that whole situation was weird. Things were going so good..."

"They aren't now?"

Ichó's words caught you off guard. Your eyes widened and you looked back to them immediately. That sad look in their eye again. "N-No! No, that's not what I meant!" You panicked.

They were quiet, looking down at their untouched menu. Nerves built up in you. Something about seeing them so depressed was... Depressing in of itself for you. "Come home with me tonight," Ichó told you.

Now it was your turn to be silent. Though it was more because you were stunned. Ichó didn't seem to mind. "... Huh?" You breathed out.

"I don't feel comfortable sending you home alone after what happened." Ichó stated. "... And I know you said to let sleeping dogs lie, but..." They narrowed their eyes and pursed their lips. "I'm not sure I can let that happen when it's something that's bothering you."

Their words stunned you momentarily. "How...?"

"I figured." Ichó mumbled. "The way you reacted, how you're acting now... It's not hard to figure out that you understand this whole god situation better than I. I'm not sure how you came across such information, but I don't wish to let you confront it alone."

You clenched your hands together and stared down at the table. "But you didn't ask for this."

They laughed. "Maybe finding you was unexpected, but I meddled in the gods' business long before you came around."

"You shouldn't've."

"Perhaps... But we're here now."

"Yeah," you mumbled, "I guess we are, huh?" You sucked in a shaky breath, meeting Ichó's gaze again. "You could easily throw that bow away and be done with it, Ichó..."

"No." Ichó shook their head. "That isn't an option anymore."

"Why?"

Ichó paused for a moment, then smiled warmly at you. "Come home with me tonight, and let's be honest with one another. Entirely honest."

You paused as well, considering it all. "... Someone told me when you begin to seek out the secrets, you can't go back."

"And you've begun that journey," Ichó pointed out, "why would I leave you to face it alone?"