Hibiki | 13 . bro

"So this is him?"

You'd tried to convince Hibiki he didn't have to pick you up, you did. But the blond wouldn't listen. It was beginning to become so hard to get through to him.

Hibiki stared at Omari with dead eyes. Dead, unfamiliar dark eyes. He looked like such a hollow husk of himself. Something in you broke every time you saw his state.

"Ah, yeah, I'm him." Omari laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "We— we had an English class together, yeah?"

"Maybe." Hibiki's eyes narrowed.

There was an awkward tension. You cleared your throat and looked at Hibiki. "Let's get going."

"Not yet."

"What?"

Hibiki and you shared a look. "I want to ask Omari a few things... In private."

You frowned, deep. "Anything you have to ask him you can ask in front of me." You reasoned.

"It's nothing big."

"Then why does it have to be private?"

"Because—"

"It's okay." Omari laughed, waving his hands out in front of himself. "It's good. We can talk in private, bro."

So the two left. Omari had brought Hibiki into the main house, figuring the whole garage setup wouldn't help right now. You'd confided in Omari about Hibiki's worsening mental state.

Honestly, he'd argue Hibiki had needed some serious help since freshman year of high school.

"Um, so...?" Omari smiled gingerly at Hibiki. "Oh, can I get you something to drink...? Eat...?"

"Don't play dumb."

Omari flinched at his tone. "Oh." He breathed, furrowing his brows. "I'm not... Trying to?"

"Sure." Hibiki tilted his head to the side, his now quite long hair falling to shade his eyes. "You're so innocent, after all."

"Where is this going?" Omari felt a chill creep up his spine. He'd heard plenty about Hibiki, but had never seen the man in action. Much less... "Wait, are you jealous?"

"Just now catching on? Fuck, who wouldn't be?" Hibiki snapped, his head going back up. "You're hanging with my girlfriend. She's ditching me to be with you."

Those words were venom. Omari's muscles tensed on instinct, and a frantic little smile crept onto his features. "Okay, yeah, yeah now I see why it looks bad... But I promise—"

"I know nothings going on." Hibiki scoffed. "My (Y/n) is loyal. And she'd never leave me for..." Hibiki's flicked his gaze up and down, scrunching his nose. "You."

"Ouch." Omari mumbled, withdrawing back a bit.

Hibiki took a step forward in return. "So I want to know. What is going on? Why is she so eager to come over every day? Huh, bro?"

"W-Well..." Why did it feel like Omari's words were what decided life or death? Like if he said the wrong thing, he'd end up in a hospital next... "I mean, I think she wanted to tell you..."

Hibiki was quiet. So Omari sucked in a deep breath.

"It's just... Well..."

"Spit it out."

"Well we think she's from another universe. I know that sounds crazy, man. But it just makes sense, and—"

"You're right. You sound crazy."

It felt ironic coming from Hibiki.

"That's why I think she should explain it." Omari pressed.

"No, no. I'll hear you out." Hibiki shrugged. "Explain to me just why you think my girlfriend is from a... What did you say? Different universe?"